Chapter 5 - The Hogwarts Express

"There, try and find your Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters." Uncle Vernon smirked as he left us at the barrier between Platform Ten and Nine.

"Bye, Aunt Petunia." I said to my aunt as she hugged me, sobbing.

"See you soon, dear." She gasped, wiping her face with a handkerchief.

"Bye, Big D." I whispered, hugging Dudley. He hugged me back just as hard as I was hugging him.

"I'll miss you so much, Little D." He choked, sounding emotional himself, just like his mother.

"Same here." I said, as Aunt Petunia motioned for Duds to hurry up. "Well, see you later alligator." I finished, smiling sadly.

"In a while, crocodile." Dudley said, finally bursting into tears as he took a last look at me before being ushered into the crowd by his mother.

"Right, what do we do now?" Harry sighed.

"Wait until another wizarding family comes along, of course." I said, glancing around.

Just then, a large family of red-heads came bustling along the platforms.

"Quick, we're going to be late, the Hogwarts Express leaves at eleven!" The red-headed woman said, glancing at the clock mounted on the wall.

"All these darn Muggles." I heard a guy that looked around fifteen mutter as he walked past. Muggles? Hogwarts Express? We were in luck!

I glanced excitedly at Harry, before hurrying up to the family and saying, "Excuse me, but could you tell us how to get onto the platform?"

The woman looked down at me adoringly. "Of course, dear, of course. You just run straight at the barrier- and you're first years, aren't you? My son Ron is just starting too-" a guy with lots of freckles raised his hand and grinned, "you can go with him, if you like, my dear-" she said to Harry, "and you can go with the twins!" She beamed.

The twins were standing to the side of the family, grinning at us. Ah. These must be the twins that dear old Rubeus was going on about.

"Thanks!" I beamed back.

The guy that was muttering about the Muggles went through the barrier first with his father. Then the woman with her small daughter, then Harry and Ron. They just all vanished into the brickwork. WEIRD.

The twins were grinning at me again. It looked like they never stopped grinning. Just like me then.

"I'm Fred-"

"-I'm George-"

"-And we're the Weasley twins!" The twins said.

"I'm Daisy Potter!" I grinned.

The twins gasped. "Daisy Potter?!" They both chorused.

"Yup." I said, popping the 'p'.

"Seriously?" Fred said, his gaze settling on my scar.

"Like, really?" George said, looking at my scar too.

"Yeah, like really, like, seriously." I said solemnly with a straight face.

Then we all burst out laughing.

"Let's go!" I yelled, and several Muggles looked round in fright. "Whoops."

We all charged towards the barrier. Then we arrived on a platform with a red train emitting lots of steam, suddenly.

"Wow ..." I breathed.

There were people everywhere.

I pushed all my luggage towards the train and my brother, who was looking out of a window of a compartment already, looking just as awed as me.