Chapter 20 - Detention and Ultimate Tag

"Alright, you got the Multiplying Rabbits?" Terry asked me.

"Yup." I replied.

"Right, no one's nearby." Fred said, consulting the Map.

"Fire away." George grinned.

I set the three pink Rabbits on the ground, and tapped each with my wand. Immediately they started hopping around and multiplying by two every ten seconds.

We transformed into Animagi form and darted off to different sections of the school to witness the hilarious event as it unfolded.

Terry went to the Entrance Hall to prevent any bunnies from escaping out of the door. He was the odd one out, being the only rabbit with curly and dirty-blond fur.

The two red squirrels lurked near the staircase area - the bunnies kept falling off the stairs to their deaths - every time they died, they were reincarnated and multiplied by three, and this was absolutely hilarious!

I just ran around the school - the teachers had now noticed the bunnies and were trying to Vanish them. Every time they tried to Vanish the rabbits, they multiplied by four, and every time they tried to Transfigure them, they grew to twice their size.

I passed Floppy in the corridor, and he smirked at me. I tried to bark viciously at him, but it came out as an adorable woof (if I do say so myself).

He suddenly snatched me up. I whined. He took me all the way up to the Astronomy Tower, me squirming in his hands, and hung me over the edge.

"What if I dropped you?" Floppy asked me, a smirk dominant on his face.

I started squirming and whining more vigorously.

He swung me tauntingly back and forth across the railing. Then he dropped me - in that second my heart stopped - and he caught me again.

He was trying to torture me mentally! The asshole!

I heard a voice shouting distantly ... at the foot of the Tower ... Draco. He was shouting up at us. He looked angry. Obviously.

Then someone behind us said, "Hey!"

Terry and the twins were standing beside the spiral staircase.

"Drop her." Terry commanded.

"If you wish-"

"Not there!" Terry said in a panic.

"Put her on the ground." Fred growled.

"Well, the ground's down there, isn't it?" Floppy grinned. I felt his fingers suddenly almost lose grip, and I yelped.

"NO!" Fred yelled.

"In front of us. There." George gestured at the ground in front of him, Fred, and Terry.

"Who said I had to do what you say?" Floppy asked, holding me out further over the railing.

Of course I knew he was joking around. He was eleven. He wasn't going to kill anybody. But I took matters into my own hands. I did something both very brave and very stupid. I transformed out of my Animagus form, Floppy then losing grip, me falling through the air. Three cries split the air and one distant one from the ground. Then I managed to hook one of my arms around the railing. I was safe. For a second, then I lost grip. I dropped like a stone towards the ground.

All I remember was that something clicked in my mind. All I remember was time ... I dunno ... slowing down. Everything, the cries of my friends, the birds, the breeze brushing the leaves of the trees in the Forbidden Forest, the students walking below, Draco fainting - wait, what? - seemed to slow down. I fell through the air softly, like a feather. I landed on the ground with barely a jolt.