Chapter 4 - Meeting Him

I woke up to shuffling sounds on the hard, dusty hut floor. I opened my eyes to see my twin putting three small bronze coins into a pouch on an owl's leg ... with a newspaper in its beak. Dafuq?

"Harry, what the hell?" I muttered, sitting up.

Harry glanced round, startled. "Well, this random owl came in and started pecking Hagrid's coat, so I took out this wallet thing and held up the golden coins. It kind of shook it's head. Then I held up the silver ones, and it shook it's head again. Then I held up the bronze ones and it held out it's leg. And it said on the newspaper 'three Knuts' sooo ..." The owl dropped its newspaper on top of Harry's head and soared out the window. I snickered and he glared at me.

"It's really bizarre." He said. "This new world and all, I mean. It means so much to both of us, and yet I can't really process it much in my mind ..."

"I know. It's really odd." I replied.

"Indeed." Harry said.

"Naturally." We chorused, and we both laughed.

We have this thing of making fun of the teachers at our old school. They're all really pompous sounding whenever they speak, so we imitate them! It's hilarious. First, one of us twins would just say a normal sentence, then the other twin will be all like, "Indeed." And then we'd both finish with, "Naturally."

"Right, we'd better get up ter London then, to get yer school things n' all." Hagrid said from behind us. We both jumped.

"Yeah, you both woke me up. Ah well, nothin' wrong with a pair of lively twins, is there, eh?" Hagrid smiled. "There's another pair up at Hogwarts. You two could give them a run for their money."

Harry and I grinned sheepishly.

~~~

We were standing in front of an old, run-down looking pub named the 'Leaky Cauldron'. Everyone else around us wasn't even looking at it as they went past.

I began to get suspicious. "Hagrid, can normal people see the Leaky Cauldron?"

He grinned down at me. "Nah, the Muggles can't see it. It's a charm put on, so on'y magic folk can see it."

"Muggles?" Harry asked, sounding startled that there was something else to know about in this world. I had a feeling that he was going to be more startled, soon...

"Non-magic folk." Hagrid replied.

We stepped into the Leaky Cauldron.

"Jus' Hogwarts business today, Tom, jus' passin' through..." Hagrid said to the bartender.

The bartender looked up. His eyes fastened onto my forehead.

"Can it be ... the great Daisy Potter?"

Whispers immediately started up all around us from the customers.

"Look, there, it's Daisy Potter!"

"How can you tell?"

"Look, her scar, on her forehead!" (I didn't have a box fringe, I had a side fringe on the other side of my forehead, so my scar stood out very well, whereas Harry had a sorta-box-but-not-really-fringe, and his scar was hidden).

"Then that means that's Harry Potter, beside her!"

"Oh my ..."

"Don't they look identical!"

"The Girl Who Lived!"

"The Boy Who Lived!"

"The Twins Who Lived!"