Chapter 12 - Hogwarts Hide-And-Seek

"Here," Lee Jordan said to me one evening in the common room, "did you know that there's a way to way to store information in your head apart from studying?"

"No." I said, my eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"Well, you see," he said, grinning. "you balance your textbook on top of your head for the entire night. Due to the laws of gravity, the information will sink through the textbook, through your head and into your brain." He finished.

"Oh really." I said suspiciously. Fred and George were stifling giggles in the chairs across from us.

"That's awesome!" Ron said, next to the twins. He snatched up a textbook - the one from Potions - and balanced it on top of his head.

The twins were having a very hard time holding in their laughter.

Harry, who was next to me, raised an eyebrow at him.

I facepalmed.

"You're talking shite." I said to Lee.

"Dammit." Lee muttered.

I sniggered, and pointed to Ron. Then I pretended to draw a zip across my mouth, and Harry did likewise.

Us five watched Ron balancing a Potions textbook on his head for the rest of the night.

~~~

I was feeling in one of those moods. You know, where you just need to prank everything in your path?

In the next Potions lesson, when we were waiting for Snape to arrive, I discussed in whispers what we were to do when Snape came in with Harry and Ron.

Then he swept in like a giant bat.

"Dun dun dun dun dun-dun dun dun-dun."

Snape glared around at the class, looking for the source of the noise.

"Dun dun dun dun dun-dun dun dun-dun."

"Quiet, class!" He barked. But still, the noise carried on.

"Dun dun dun dun dun-dun dun dun-dun."

He finally located the source of the noise.

"Miss Potter, Mr Potter, and Mr Weasley, you are to stop talking when I say! Ten points each from Gryffindor!"

Ron, Harry and I high-fived.

---

In the next class, Professor McGonagall was rambling about something or other. I was really bored. So, of course, I did what any prankster, time-waster, skiver, slacker, etc would do. I put up my hand.

"Yes, Miss Potter?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"When are we going to learn how to saw a lady in half?" I asked.

"Really, Miss Potter? Really?" Professor McGonagall said wearily.

"Yeah." I grinned.

"Never." Professor McGonagall said, before going back to her incredibly boring lecture.

I don't think she ever found out that it was me, Terry, Peeves, Fred, and George throwing those Dungbombs.

~~~

"Lavender, Parvati?" I asked my two friends as we strolled around the school grounds.

"Yeah?" Lavender giggled. We had just finished discussing how much Pratinson resembles a pug.

Parvati looked at me enquiringly.

"I was thinking...wouldn't it be awesome if we had a school ball?" I said.