Chapter 19 - Dragons

We went down to Hagrid's, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I. Terry, Fred, George and I had managed to get back to ourselves before darting up to the common room, whispering excitedly about what we had just done.

We met Lewis and Kurt on the way. They had got together after the ball, and they were so cute together.

We were going to prank so many people with our Animagi-ness!

I was telling Harry, Ron, and Hermione about my shih-tzu form.

"You became illegal Animagi!?" Hermione exclaimed.

"Keep your voice down, Hermione!" Ron hissed, looking at me in awe. "How'd you manage that?"

I told them about our adventure. Then I remembered.

"Ron, Hermione, you go on in. I need to talk to Harry for a moment."

Ron and Hermione slipped into Hagrid's, shooting us curious looks.

"Harry." I took a deep breath. "You know the Map I was telling you about? The Marauder's Map?"

"Yeah." He looked at me.

"Well ... Prongs was our father."

"WHAT?!" He yelped. "How?"

"Here." I took out the book from my pocket and handed it to him. He started to read.

When he finished, he looked up at me.

"This is impossible." He said hollowly.

"I know." I nodded. "I know."

When we got into the hut, I immediately noticed that it was warm. Very warm.

"Hagrid, can you open the window, plea- WHAT IS THAT?!" I exclaimed, seeing a large black egg sitting over the fire.

"Er, that ... that's, er ..." Hagrid stuttered.

"A dragon's egg!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Where'd you get it?" Ron asked, amazed.

"How are you even going to look after it?" Harry looked around the hut.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked.

"Kids, kids!" Hagrid held up his hands. "I don't really know."

We all looked wide-eyed at each other.

---

The next morning, I came down to the Great Hall to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione whispering, then stopping.

"What is it?" I whispered, nudging into the small group.

"The egg's hatching." Harry told me, showing me a note which Hagrid had sent to us. "Malfoy just heard us."

Draco was walking away towards the double doors, smirking. Hmm ...

We went over to Hagrid's at morning break. The egg was cracking open, and just we stepped in, a small, black, crumpled, umbrella tumbled out. Wait - it was the dragon!

Its wings were way bigger than its tiny body. It sneezed, and tiny sparks shot out from its nostrils.

We all stared at each other.

'What are we going to do?' I sent to Harry.

He just looked back at me with wide eyes.

:::

I was hanging out with Terry when Harry came tearing towards me.

"Daisy!" He panted, flopping down onto the steps of the front of the castle beside me. "Malfoy saw the dragon!"