13

The sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shoreline is one of the most relaxing sounds Luke has ever heard. He loves it when he's able to take a deep breath and inhale the smell of salt water and close his eyes, getting lost in the sounds and smells of everything that is the beach. And of course, just like all the times Luke has been to the beach, he does that exact same thing.

He closed his blue eyes and filled his lungs with the familiar saltwater smell. Except this time, Ashton was watching him. Ashton had been to the beach a good few times, and sure he loved it. He was a bit iffy about the sand and hated feeling the sand between his toes but yet he stood there, digging his toes in the sand and while Luke got lost in the feeling of being at the beach, Ashton got lost looking at Luke.

He watched Luke as his chest puffed out, he watched Luke as his eyes shut and the most beautiful smile spread upon his date's face. The blond looked the happiest he did in the longest while and Ashton was just glad he was able to witness it.

Breaking out of his trance, Luke blinked a few times before focusing his gorgeous blue eyes on Ashton and giving him the warmest smile.

"Hi," Luke giggled.

"Sup," Ashton replied with a smile causing Luke to giggle even more. Luke's giggle, was absolutely, one of Ashton's top ten favorite sounds. Ashton wasn't quite sure what was happening to him. His heart just fluttered? His heart did indeed just do a flutter in his chest at the sound of Luke's giggle. This has never happened before. Ashton doesn't flutter.

"So shall we eat?" Luke asked, still smiling and never breaking eye contact with Ashton.

"Yeah, of course," Ashton said a little breathless for no reason. He sounded as if he just finished a run but the truth is he was breathless just by looking at the blond angel in front of him.

"I wasn't too sure what was proper beach picnic food so I just made sandwiches," Ashton said spreading a towel on the sand.

"You made sandwiches?" Luke asked with wide eyes.

"Yes?" Ashton replied confused.

"Wow. You must really be into me, cooking and all," Luke said with a teasing smirk.

"Don't flatter yourself Hemmings. I cook all the time," Ashton scoffed playfully as he set the basket with the food on the towel and took a seat on the blue beach towel.

"Sure, I just didn't think rich boys like you made their own sandwiches," Luke said jokingly as he followed Ashton and sat down.

"Please Hemmings. I am not your ordinary rich boy. And I happen to make a great turkey club," Ashton replied opening the basket.

"I'm sure you do Ash, but you're all talk. I have to taste it first," Luke said helping Ashton and took some of the items out of the basket. Paper plates, the sandwiches, lemonade and napkins.

"You'll be begging for more once you do. You always are," Ashton said winking at Luke which caused the blond to blush and bit his lip.

"Yeah it's 'cause you're that good," Luke replied pouring out the lemonade while Ashton placed the sandwiches on the plates.

"I know I am angel," Ashton said handing Luke his sandwich as Luke passed him his lemonade. They stretched their feet out and Luke placed his foot over Ashton's left foot and smiled shyly.

"Is this okay?" He asked

"Of course," Ashton reassured him and kissed his nose causing Luke to make the most adorable face.

They settled into silence as they unwrapped their sandwiches and began to eat. Luke took exactly three bites of his turkey club before stopping, with eyes wide open.