4- Saige

I lunged at Jackson, aiming to strike his face. He held up his hands to block, I switched my aim at the last second hitting his gut catching him off guard slightly. He took a couple steps back rubbing where my fist connected and smiled, "Nice, you've gotten better."

"I've got a good teacher."

"Really? He must be a pretty awesome person."

"Eh," I shrugged, keeping my face expressionless. "He's alright."

"Ouch," he feigned hurt, biting back a grin. "You cut me deep."

"What?" I mocked concern, hiding a smile of my own, "What did I do? Cut down your gigantic ego?"

"Somebody's feisty today." Justin strolled up to us and took a drink from his blue Gatorade, "I think Jax is starting to rub off on you."

"How many times do I have to tell you? It's Jackson."

"I stopped counting a long time ago."

"Hey Jack, he ain't gonna stop, might as well get used to it."

He gaped at me, "Not you too." He glared at Justin, "What have you been teaching her?"

He busted out laughing, taking on an innocent tone, "I ain't been teaching her nothin'."

Jackson shook his head fighting a grin that tugged at his lips, "I think we're done for the day." He handed me a water bottle then ran a towel over his face and black hair.

"So Saige, are you going for a ring?" Jackson shot him a pointed look. "What? It's a simple question."

I cocked my head, "Ky mentioned something about earning a ring once, and Commander said whoever is on his team has one."

"Right," Justin nodded.

"So how do you get one?"

Justin opened his mouth to speak, but Jackson cut him off, "It's not the right time. She's not ready yet."

"It's not for you to decide, and besides, there's nothing wrong with her knowing."

"It's not your place to tell her."

"Tell her what?" Ky sauntered up to us slinging a duffel bag over his shoulder. "What are y'all arguing about now?"

"I asked how to get a ring."

His face went blank as he shared a glance with Justin and Jackson, "You want one?"

"Well, uh, I don't know. I'm just curious, I mean, practically everyone has one."

"Not everyone," Justin corrected.

"A ring is a huge responsibility," Ky continued. "It's not something to be taken lightly." I nodded, suddenly not liking their heavy gazes or the shift in the mood. I tentatively studied his him; his sandy, blonde hair has gotten longer and slightly curled on the ends. Stubble coated the bottom half of his face, his hazel eyes appeared sunken in a bit like he hasn't slept well, and he doesn't smile as much as he used to.

"Dude," Justin drawled. "It was just a question, it's not like she murdered someone." I winced; Jackson and Ky shot him a glare. "Sorry, poor choice of words."

"You think?" Jackson jabbed, slapping him in the back of the head. Justin rubbed his head and mumbled something under his breath I didn't catch.

"Y'all look like somebody just died," Lacey scrutinized as she strolled up to us with Phoenix in tow. I pursed my lips.

Ky sighed, "Hey, y'all."

Phoenix had that wistful look in her brown eyes, "Hi, Ky." She flipped her dirty blonde, curly hair over her shoulder and put on her best smile, "How's it going?"