Chapter 8

The sirens of ambulances could be heard loud and clear, the rain slowly started to fall.

"1 2 3, Clear!"

"Eren!!"

"Please sir stay outside!"

"1 2 3 Clear!"

"Sir we're losing him!"

"EREN!!!!"

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The rings of phones could be heard, as Levi waited sitting down head in hands.

"Daddy? Is Mommy going to be okay?"

"I-... I-I- don't know" Levi hugged the young boy as his tears stained Levi's shirt.

The doctor came through the door pulling off his medical mask, "How is he?"

"He's stable for now, he is lucky he's alive" the doctor refused to make eye contact with Rivai knowing he wouldn't be able look at Rivai's sad face.

"Have you contacted his parents?" Levi shook his head, "they are on a business trip, and won't be back for months"

~~~

Levi POV

I took Rivai back to the Yeager Mansion, he kept hugging me and wouldn't let go.

"Daddy?" his eyes were lined with tears. "I know, mommy will wake up soon"

I walked Rivai up the stairs and to his room, Hanji waited outside.

"Daddy, You don't have to worry, Mommy is very strong, Rivai know Mommy will be ok!" He smiled as he hugged a stuffed corgi.

I just smiled and kissed his forehead, "Goodnight"

~~~

I walked out of the room and down stairs to the living room, Hanji, and Petra standing the the middle looking at me.

I sat myself down on the couch, "this is all my fault" i looked to my feet.

"Don't beat yourself up for this, its no ones fault"

Petra sat beside me, "we are always here for you"

"Do you think we should contact the rest of the group?" Hanji asked looking at her overly bright screen of her phone.

"Do we even know where to find them?"

"I'll have my assistant track them down" I pulled out my phone, Hanji snatched it out of my hand, "Nope! go rest Levi, you need some sleep, look at ya! you look like a god damn raccoon!" she than started to drag me off the couch.

I went to Rivai's room and laid out some blankets and pillows on the ground, I laid down looking at the celling. I slowly closed my eyes and let myself relax.

~~~

The Next Morning

"Daddy! Wake up Auntie Petra is making pancakes!!!!" Rivai shook me til I finally sat up. Rivai than proceeded to run out the room and down the stairs.

I groaned at I stood up, my back was killing me. I went down stairs and sat at the kitchen table, Rivai was stuffing food down his throat.

I cringed at the sight of it, he was definitely Eren's son. I sat there staring at my food, Rivai had already finished and went to play with Petra.

"What's wrong Lev?" Hanji said as she washed the dishes, resulting in a even bigger mess.

"I hate myself" I muttered glaring at Hanji, she snickered and looked and me.

"Levi." She smiled.

"Don't give me that bullcrap half ass smile shitty glasses, I fucked up, I missed everything." I ranted.

"His first words, first time walking, birthdays, I messed up, I caused Eren so much pain" I wanted to just run and hug Rivai and never let him go.

"Levi, you did mess up, but that's the past, stop reminding yourself of your mistakes and focus on Rivai and Eren getting better. You becoming a depressed man child isn't going to help"

I sighed as I went back upstairs and got changed.

"Where are you off to?" Petra asked as she was sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine in her hand.

"I'm going to visit Eren, make sure to get Rivai to take a bath, he looked filthy" I scrunched my nose as I saw a little brown poop looking 5 year old running away form Hanji outside.

~~~

I sat beside Eren, my thoughts taking over my mind.

"I'm sorry for everything Eren, this is all my fault. You don't deserve a man like me. Rivai deserves a better father, one that doesn't abandon his family" I said as I held his hand in my hands.

"If anything it's my fault" my head snapped to my mother looking nervously at my hands.

"It is.."

She looked to me.

"It's all your fault!"

"Levi-"

"You abandoned you son! With no contact for years!"

"Sweetheart"

I stood up.

"Oh please don't give me that 'sweetheart' bullcrap Kuchel!"

"I'm sorry"

I halted at her my eyes cold and heartless, I felt like I could tear her head right off.

"You should be"