Chapter 5

Shiro's team stood there frozen, taking in the sight of the nearly dead dragon. Shiro turned back to the dragon he called friend. He tapped at his armor on his wrist and had it scan (Y/n), taking in all of the wound that were causing the pain.

He looked at the 3D image before him as he pulled out bandages from Pidge's bag. He wrapped up the wounds and lifted her head to gaze at the collar still attached to her neck. He activated his arm, his team still frozen in place at the beast before them. "Go get something to carry her!" Shiro ordered as they all ran off.

He brought his attention back to the collar, then looked to his arm, "Okay..." he calmed himself, carefully placing his hand on the joint the closed the collar to her scales. Putting pressure there he carefully cut through the metal, as it clanged to the floor (Y/n) breathed in a huge gasp of air. There was a line that showed her green scales and it was pushed lower than her other scale. "It was slowly choking her over time. Why didn't I see that?" Shiro asked himself not leaving his left hand from her nose.

His team ran into the cell and brought back what looked like a hovering table. "Keith, Hunk, help me lift her." Shiro commanded his team as they jogged over to both sides of her as Shiro stepped in front of her view. His hand still on her snout as the gentle walked her over and set her down, the table sunk in the air a bit from her weight. "Ok, I'm taking her to Black, you guys get to your Lions. We'll meet back in the castle." As he said that they all scattered head to were they left their Lions.

He grabbed the bottom of the front of the table with his right hand and walked backwards, facing (Y/n). "It's going to be fine... I won't let the Galra take you again." Shiro said as she flickered open and she let a groan reply for her. Shiro smiled as he made it back to Black, looking up at her she lowered her head and opened her jaw. Shiro carefully walked backwards into his Lion and Black closed her jaw slowly as he walked her into the cockpit.

(Y/n) could hear the sounds of Black, she stood as Shiro sat down and left her nose cold missing the contact.

"(Y/n)? Is it really you?" The voice was deep but had a female kind of sound, (Y/n) knew this voice from before imprisoned by the Galra. Shiro grabbed the controls and flew Black into space, but (Y/n) thought back to the voice in her head.

"Black? It's you, you know Shiro? He's your new Paladin?" (Y/n) spoke but Shiro turned his head to her wide eyed, he could hear her. "It's been too long, Black." Shiro turn his focus back to flying and mentally trying to figure how he could hear her talk to the sounds of his Lion.

"Well I guess you're not alone anymore. Allura and Coran survived." Black states and (Y/n)'s eyes widen as she looked forward not daring to move her head.

"Allura," Shiro called into his helmet, "Met us in the Black Lion's hanger, I have something you may want to see."

"Alright Shiro, everyone's back already. What was the delay?" Allura's question was muffled from outside the helmet.

"There was something on that ship, that's why we went on it. The information we got said that the thing on the ship was heavily guarded and could change the Galra empire if in the right hands." Shiro looked back at you as you stared at the Castle of Lions you thought had fallen all those years ago. "Well, we found it." (Y/n)'s eye's locked with Shiro's, she felt the safe atmosphere and wished it was hers over those dreaded ten thousand years of struggle, pain, and guilt.

~

Shiro pulled the table out of Blacks mouth with his hand on (Y/n)'s nose, the truth was Shiro missed being able to do this. He missed (Y/n), and wished that maybe she could have escaped after him and be free like he was. But knowing, now, that he left her behind, it's killing him slowly.