Chapter 17

The cloak swayed as the breeze picked up, but the black material stayed close to the figures body. The yellow glow was dim under the cloak, yet it was present. Piercing ice blue eyes stared out from the dark hood, their face hidden in the shadows.

A drop of blood fell to the ground and the dirt under their feet took the liquid greedily. The path they traveled was busy with the citizens of Costu. No one noticed the red that followed the cloaked figure.

Guards of Costu ran in the crowd yelling to one another, "I lost 'em!"

"Where'd they go!?"

"They went this way!"

The figure didn't look back at the yelling and their steps didn't quicken. They blended more into the crowd and took the next corner naturally. They had no rush, not at all. They turned the corner and continued forward as the guards ran frantically throughout the crowd.

"There!!" The figure heard a guard yell behind them. 'Do they not relies that they could have snuck behind me, quietly, and caught me? I mean like I would let them but still, they could try a little.' The cloaked figure snuck between the people in the crowd, and twisted and turned through the streets that had venders on both sides. "Damn I lost 'em!!" The same guard roared. 'Way to go... this dumb kid.'

The figure heard a chuckle to their right in a dark alley, and snapped their head to the dark figure in the shadows. "Your bleeding their, Reaper." The voice said, as they pushed themself off the wall, and uncrossed their arms. 'Male.' The cloaked figure thought. "Sorry to brake it to you, but your not leaving this planet alive." The male chuckled.

"Maybe..." a feminine voice answered from under the cloak, "But... what if your wrong?"

The male growled, "Shut up. Stop with the mind tricks, they don't work on me."

"Power of the mind is not what I'm capable of... no my magic is more powerful." The Reaper replied. She laughed, "But yet why would I show you that?" She tilted her head back, as her hood fell, a crazed look it her cold blue eyes. Small staffs slid into her hands, curled blades stabbed through the wood of the tip. Lunging forward before the shadowed man could draw a weapon, the Reaper swung her right leg and kicked his face. Spinning her body mid air she sliced down with her hand scythe.

~

"Alright Paladins, who wants to come?" (Name) turned to the Paladins who stared at her.

"Wants? As in we can stay here?" Pidge asked. "That's an option?"

"Ha, I don't want to go!" Lance yelled.

(Name) nodded to Pidge, "You don't have to come, I could easily retrieve Mizu myself."

"Your just scared," Keith chuckled at Lance's fear.

"Am not!!!"

"Sure."

"Ok stop fighting, boys."

"I'M NOT SCARED!!!"

"Keep telling yourself that."

Lance growled loudly. "YOU LITTLE-"

"Lance." Shiro snapped at them. "I'll make you both go if you don't shut up." Shiro growled, pitching his nose between his thumb and forefinger.

Pidge chuckle evilly to herself, "Wow Lance twice in a day, and you just barely got up too."

"Pidge." Shiro sighed. "Fine." Shiro pushed himself up. "Everyone up. We're all going now."

~

Opening the hanger door, (Name) and Aura smirked. "Just like we left 'em." Inside stood about ten advanced high tech space bikes, all slim and looked like them had moving part, besides the wheels of course. (Name) walked into the dusty room and wheels a bike out, Aura doing the same.

Dusting off the seat, (Name) throw her leg over the bike and grabbed the handles, that were positioned on the bikes side, and pulled them up into a bike handles position. (Name) looked to the Paladins behind her, that were now in their armor, "Ok listen, these bike are similar to your Lions, now I said similar. They run on magical energy and air." The five looked at her weird, "Ya I know, they're movement are fluid. They will be on auto pilot, they doesn't mean stop moving, this makes the engine constant. You still need to steer."

Aura, while (Name) was explaining, pulled out five other bikes. "Now we don't have much time, Mizu will only be on this planet for so long. Get on the bikes and follow me." Aura got on her bike and pulled the handles up, twisting the right handle and lifted her feet off the floor.

Her bike started forward at a steady speed, she smirked to herself as she pulled the handles back down to the bikes sides, twisting the right handle and blasted forward like a torpedo.

(Name) rolled her eyes, "Show off."

~

After Lance almost ran into all the walls that he came across, the seven made it to the exit hatch. Aura stopped by the exit, sitting back with the handles still at the bikes sides.

Aura smiled at the Paladins, "Alright now we're going to exit into space," she got off her bike and draw a pattern on the wall with her magic. Stepping through the wall and back out clad in armor, similar to the Paladins but with arrows.  "Travel will not be any different from traveling on land. Sort of. Anyways, let's go!"

Aura hopped back onto her bike and blasted through the exit, that opened for her. (Name) sighed and turned to the Paladins, "She's right, the auto pilot will adjust to the other bikes decent into Costu's atmosphere. When we near the bike will go into dive mode, which closes you into the bike. Don't panic when this happens, it'll open up once we touch land again."

Most of the Paladins nodded, Hunk just stare at (Name) from the back of the group. "Alright, Shiro you head through first, Keith you'll be next-" (Name) was interrupted by Lance.

"Again with him before me!!"

(Name) sighed, "Fine, Lance after Shiro, followed by Keith, Pidge, then Hunk." Shiro took his feet from the ground as his helmet closed over his head, lowered himself closer to the bike, handles pulled down to the sides, and he shot through the exit. Lance smiled happily as he followed after Shiro with a hoot of, "Yahoo!" {this wasn't on purpose}.

Keith rolled his eyes as his bike left through the exit and the Pidge. Hunk gulped as his fate approached him, he pushed his bike closer to the exit almost shaking. (Name) places her cold, right hand on his shoulder, his gaze shaking to her. She smiled, "Hunk, on the way here, you had the best steering of them all. Don't worry, plus I'll be right behind you."

Hunk blinked taking her words in, and a smile lit his face. He sat on the bike and pushed the handles down, and smoothly drove through the exit. (Name) laughed as she swung her right leg over the bike and dropped the handles as well before blasting through the exit.

'Oh what a power words are given.'

A/n ahhh!!!! Two updates!!! I hit a spot were I enjoyed writing this chapter. Hope you like it, bye.

11/18/19