Chapter 11

She could see the blast of purple plasma. Hear the sound of her teammates yelling. Feel the heat as the blast drew near. But she did not flinch.

The blast pasted over her portion of shape she occupied, a gleam of silver shot to the Galra cruiser and straight through. Everyone saw the light but no one processed what it could be.

An explosion followed the hit but the light didn't stop there, it shot through the ships that flanked the one that was now split in two from the puncture. The Galra ships lay still floating in empty space, lifeless; the only thing remaining was the shining silver light. The light no longer shined just silver, the Paladins could see the green pigment of the scales.

~

A flash covered my vision. I couldn't see anything. The voice of my father broke through. Barely audible.

"Listen to my words, (Name)!! Listen!"

The scurrying stopped and my body stopped too. I could hear something grow closer. A growl broke my vocal cord. 'No stop it.' I tried to stop myself but it continued to ring out.

"It's okay (Name)... just look at me, okay." His voice was calm and focused.

I fought through the fog that covered my view, he was in my sight, crouched in front of me, a few yards away. "There you go... it's okay."

My breathing grew in speed. Faster. The fog creeped back into place. My vision slowly growing blurry. "Hey, hey, look at me (Name). Come on..." he sounded worried.

My body spammed forward, leaping over the ground, and my teeth found its mark. The smell of iron, but what overpowered my senses was the taste of it. A groan echoed right in front of me. My jaw was tight.

The fog vanished, like a hurricane came and swept it off its feet, my view frightened me to no end. My canines embedded in my father's arm, blood bubbling up past my teeth.

I scurried back after I release my jaws' grip, my eyes wide as my father groaned again as the blood dripped onto the ground.

My small ears flattened on my furry head, my lean, fluffy, tail tucked between my hind legs, my (eye color) eyes widen as fear and regret flooded them. My father's eyes were clenched closed but opened and stared into mine with nothing but love. His left hand was over the puncture wound, clenched, but let it go as he reached out his palm. Slowly moving it and placing it upon my small head, he dragged it and pet down to the middle of my back.

"It's okay (Name). I'm fine." My eyes looked up into his, my body relaxed and moved away from the ground as he continued to pet me. I closed my eyes and pushed my head into his hand. An apology.  "It will heal (Name). You will have to practice. It's hard to control the lion."

~

"(Name)!" Hunk yelled, his voice laced with joy and eased of the fear from a few minutes ago.

"Hunk, Keith, Shiro, get Pidge and Lance into the castle. Allura, get the teludav ready." (Name)'s voice was an octave lower. The metal lions split into movement, the red shot to the blue slowly followed by the yellow, as the black headed to the green.

She glanced behind her and saw them pushing the two motionless lion to the castle. She snapped her head forward again and stared at the empty space in front of her.

"(Name), what are you doing? We need to go!" Allura's voice rang in her ears but she stayed staring forward.

"(Name)!" This time it was Shiro, he seemed worried. But as the voices continued she ignored them, she knew what she was doing. A spark of purple shone where she was staring as a dozen cruisers warped to where the Paladins are.

"Sister... get them to safety. I will find my way back... I always do." (Name)'s voice caused the castle to go silent as the Paladins heard what she said as well. Shiro stopped with Pidge in his arms, ready to take her to a healing pod, frozen.

"No (Name) what are you doing?" Shiro voice again filled her ears. Allura stood at her place piloting the castle, star struck.

"(Name)..." her eyes wide with fear and shock but she looked down eyebrows pinched together as she glared at the floor. "Alright. The blood runs deep..." she waited for (Name)'s response.

(Name) chuckled, "Even in my veins," as a smile graced her scaly lips. 

The castle flashed away in a vibrant blue as they wrapped away from sight.

A/n aha I did it. So this is another chapter. I would like to ask my readers a question: so how many chapters should this book go? Cause I was thinking of making another book but I could cram all the chapters into one. I would just like to know your opinion. Well thanks for reading bye!