Chapter 6

(Y/n) felt as if she was floating and had no weight to pull her to the ground. Memories flashed through her mind. Her parents. Her first parents. Theirs faces as they were cut done by her own race. She was three at the time as she witnessed the murder, and more, of her parents.

Then the memory was one that Alfor found her in the wood which her parents house was. For two years (Y/n) wondered the woods surviving on the power that her father and mother had. Their skill to shift their shape into something greater. She survived using that skill, her rage made her shifts different then her parents. She extended the limit of her power and made contact with a beast within that her parents couldn't master. The raging dragon.

Alfor walked closer to the five year old girl, he had heard of the raging forest from some hunters. As the hunters were get to kill an elk for their families, the beast sprung getting on top of the creature, protecting it, and roaring at the hunter. Setting fire to the trees close to him. Alfor lifted his hand as he crouched a few feet away from the shivering girl.

"Get back!" The girl yelled as Alfor inches closer to her.

"I'm not here to harm you," Alfor stated, his hand still outstretched. "How old are you?"

His voice was kind and soft, unlike the girls that was raspy and hoarse. "None of your business!" She screamed, eyes beginning to glow green along with her Altean marks. The girl yelled out in anger as her body morphed into a new shape completely.

"The lost art..." Alfor said as a wolf sized forest green dragon stood in her place. "You're Alphonse and Dynasty's child." At the names of her parents as she growled.

"How do you know their names!!??" A deeper sound of her voice was now there as the dragon girl spoke.

"I'm sorry." Alfor stated, the girls eyes widen as her pipals that were just paper thin grow wider. The girl never heard those words, her parents were beyond kind and caring for her. Her father taught her what he knew when he still walked Altea, and her mother cared and loved her infinitely. Green magic exorbed her body and it morphed back, the girl on her knees crying into her hands at his words of kindness.

Alfor got closer and the girl continued to cry, he soon had her in his arms. A sad smile on his face as her arms were trying to reach around the big male and on his back but only managed to grab onto his shirt. She cried as he soothed her by rubbing her back and stated that, "Everything is going to be alright, I promise."

The memory fade from (Y/n)'s view as her body shook as lightning replaced it. Her eyes snapped opened as paper thin pipals, lightning was all around her, her arms huge beyond her. Reality hit her, she was in a pod. Lightning shocked her line of vision, water clouding it as well. She screamed as the left arm got to her, pain flooded her being.

As her right arm shot to grabbing the hurting arm, where the metal and skin meet exploded with pain before she could lay a finger on her pained arm. The pod opened, the water dissipating as she fell out landing on her left arm. Wincing at the contact with the fall, she rolled onto her back her blucky arms slammed against it. Shiro came running in, lifting (Y/n) up off the ground as her arms pulled her back down.

"You okay?" Shiro asked, as he was the only one in the room, placed her on a chair fit for operating on.

"I guess," she stressed in pain wincing through it. As she reached for her left arm once more lightning shot through her. She throw her head back and yelled in pain as her right arm shot back to the chairs surface. Shiro stood there staring in shock.

"Don't do that," he said worried.

(Y/n) thought of what just happened, how her arms reacted to each other. "That witch..." she growled.

"What? What did she do?" Shiro questioned.

(Y/n) caught her breath from the pain and locked eyes with Shiro, "I can't get that stupid band off. It's forcing my magic out so I can't change my arms." She winced as she finished. Shiro stared at her, he was encouraged by her will power she holds and still held. But mostly her drive to survive, over ten thousand years with the Galra and she's still living stronger then ever, and he only lasted a year barely surviving. With her help on top of that too.

Shiro thought about the information she just said, "Then we get the band off. You then could shift your arms back so they are human sized." (Y/n) looked down at her left arm, the metal band was thin and tight against the metal arm.

"Ya, that'll work..." she paused, "Shiro, whatever may happen don't stop. Okay, don't stop until it's off." She was strict about this, that was evident in her voice.

They locked eyes again, "Alright." Shiro nodded as he walked around the chair and onto the other side. The band was sparking as Shiro stood there. His right arm glowing purple as he grabbed a hold on the band, (Y/n) screamed as purple lightning shocked her.

Shiro didn't move, he just stared as she screamed out, afraid that he would hurt her more. "Shiro keep going!" She yelled as she gasped for air then screamed again.

Shiro moved his gaze to her arm again as he pulled on it, more static and lightning shot into (Y/n). He pulled again on the band, her yells flooding his mind, everything going slow, her right hand grabbed his metal wrist. Throwing his hand back as the band snapped and broke its hold on (Y/n)'s arm. Her action made him stumble back

'Why did she do that?' His mind questioned as green magic circled the metal arms, around and around, over and over again. Each time the magic would slowly change the metal slightly, making changes in a human arm not one of a dragon. Soon the metal matched any arms of a humanoid being her size.

(Y/n) breathed in slowly and exhaled the same, her eyes closed in the releaf of the pain that once shook her body at every movement. She placed her feet on the ground, making sure her weight won't make her topple.

She looked up at Shiro as she stabled herself on the ground, "Thank you," she spoke softly, the screaming burned her throat more than it should; yet she hasn't spoken in over ten thousand years, so.

She wrapped her arms Shiro as she engulfed him in a hug, squeezing him with power. Shiro stared down in shock at the Altean's action towards him but soon did the same and returned the gesture. (Y/n) slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Shiro (a/n if you are tall sorry about this, just roll with it).

"You came back and got me, I would have sworn that you wouldn't return to the place where the torture started... but you did. For me..." (Y/n) was quiet as she looked into Shiro's eyes and found confusion and something undefined to her at the time.

Shiro looked into (Y/n)'s (eye color) eyes, "Why wouldn't I, you helped me get away at the price of not getting the same freedom as me. Plus you deserve freedom, ten thousand years is enough to make someone go insane." (Y/n) chuckled at Shiro as he too join on the fit of laughter.

They pulled away slowly and a small smile blessed (Y/n)'s face. It was a sight to see. The rest of Voltron ran into the room, worried about the screams of pain they heard throughout the Castle of Lions. (Y/n) smiled as her attention shifted to the young Paladin's, "Hello, I don't think we were properly introduced, yet."