Chapter 18

The Reaper sighed as she leaned against the wall of the alley, where she had her fight. The figure she fought lying limp at the die end of the alley. The soft, slow sound of breathing came from the body.

Alarms blared and red lights flashed from the corners of different buildings. 'Great, I have to migrate again.'

~

As the Paladins and the two elites landed and stopped, since the crowd was in the way, lights flashed. Atmospheric speakers spoke as calmly as possible, "Please everyone quickly and calmly head to the Oric Center. Voltron has come to terminate an unwanted intruder." The voice of the shaken male left, as the citizens ran swiftly past (Name) and the Paladins.

Looking down at the digital city map, (Name) deciphered a plan. Tapping the map near various buildings and paths. A beep sounded and a bright yellow dot appeared on the map.

"Alright," (Name) spoke turning to the Paladins, still perched on the bike. "Shiro and Keith you'll stay on this main road, Lance you'll be perched on that building," she pointed to a tall building that flanked the main road to the right. "Pidge you'll be positioned in that alleyway," and she pointed to said place, "Hunk you'll go with Aura and she'll give you your position." Aura turned to (Name), "Code Overflow," and with those words Aura nodded and motioned for Hunk to follow, which he did.

"Wait, wait! I thought this person was your friend!" Lance yelled, as the rest stayed quiet.

"She is, but that doesn't mean she's not dangerous too." (Name) took a glance at Shiro before looking back at Lance and Pidge. "Come on we don't have a lot of time here, go."

As Pidge and Lance shot off to their positions, Shiro turned to (Name), "And what are you gonna do?"

She looked over to Shiro, "Hopefully talk her down."

"And if you can't?" Keith questioned.

(Name) looked forward down the main road, "Stop the threat before it starts." Her voice not wavering, completely serious.

~

"All in position?" Aura asked through their com system.

"Yes," Shiro answered.

(Name) drove down the main street at high speeds yet skidding to a stop turning the bike a little more then perpendicular to the street. (Name)'s helmet closed up and blacked over from the outside view. A cloaked figure walked from the alleyway to her right, as she's gazed over her shoulder.

"Reaper, huh? Got a reason?" (Name) asked.

"Yeah, what's it to you?" The cloaked figure dropped her half staffs into her hands.

"Well, I know an Elite when I see one."

On a rooftop of a tall building Lance glared through the scope of his sniper, hearing the two's conversation through the com.

"I suggest your man remover his hands from his gun," the Reaper growled as a yellow glow flashed from behind the cloak.

"Lance..." (Name) spoke quietly into the com, "Finger off the trigger."

"I can take her, I got an opened shot."

"Lance don't." (Name) replied seriously, yet the Blue Paladin ignored her as his finger pulled the trigger.

The blue energy from his shot sliced throw the air, and wizzed right behind the figures head and sizzled as it hit the dirt. "A baryard's energy?" The figure questioned quietly to themself, "Who exactly are you?" They growled.

"Okay, you got me." (Name) stated, as she pulled her helmet off, "How's it going Mizu?"

The figure chuckled, "I knew they couldn't burn you out." As she pushed off her hood to reveal long, braided, black hair and icy blue eyes. "So you found Voltron?"

"Yeah, looking for us now, Aura's charging at you currently." (Name) chuckled, as Mizu was hit from behind by the pinkette's full force. Mizu even laughed a little, "We'll talk more in the Castle, we have to get you out of here before they arrest you."

~

On the way back to the Castle Mizu took (Name)'s bike, as the green dragon flew beside them all.

Re-parking the space bikes in the hanger, both Aura and (Name) caught up with what happened to them. "So after being release they just took my hand and throw me in the ring, they even tried to inject something in my brain. Luckily I had air to manipulate so I caught it before it got there."

"Well, that makes sense," Mizu said, "They were trying to tap into my energy so they could open into the Quintessence Field. They were trying to get into my head." Silence followed the three as they traveled back to the control room, the Castle's helm. "And I heard they achieved that... with Core."

(Name) glared at the ground stopping where Mizu stopped and Aura stared at her, as all three fell into a silence. "We know."

Mizu glared at the ground as well, "We have to get him back..." Mizu trailed off.

"We will." Aura stated as she glare forward. The three continued through the door to Castle's helm.

Allura turned to the three, "Welcome back Mizu." She voiced calmly. The normally quiet Elite nodded in recognition. 

"Alright everyone," (Name) spoke up, "There's one more Elite out there, and they're far out of reach. Zarkon has not only imprisoned him physically but has also captured his mind." The Paladins stared toward the warriors: shocked, worried. "All of the Elite own a mech, as I've said before, Core's being Panther. He blends into the space right before your eyes, making it impossible to see. We're lucky he is still dormant, that means they don't know of our mechs." (Name) directed the last bit to the Elite in the room.

"After Core returns, Zarkon will be shaking in his armor. And we'll finial crush his reign," Aura growled.

'It's finial time."

A/n: yay!! More chapters! Thanks for reading!! -Jade

12/01/19