Chapter 6

Keith was looking at the time when he pondered about the 'outing'. 'Why is Lance doing this? This can't mean anything, does it? Am I starting to feel things for Lance? NO! I have only known him for a day! I don't understand.' Keith thought. Keith felt heat creep up his neck and onto his face. Suddenly, his phone rang. "Oh sh-" Keith jumped. "Hello. This is Keith Kogane speaking. " Keith asked, picking up his phone and answering. "Hey! It's Lance. I was wondering what time you wanted to leave for the...zoo." Lance said awkwardly. Keith chuckled at Lance. "Um... Let me think. Uh, is 4:30 good?" Keith asked. "Yeah, that's good." Lance confirmed. Keith smiled. "Ok. Bye." Keith parted. Lance did the same. Keith shut off his phone and checked the time. "Well, I should start getting ready." Keith suggested. He walked to his closet and opened his almost empty closet. He looked at a checkered jumper and some burgundy jeans. "Hm... Would these go? Let's see." Keith asked himself.

Keith pulled out a checkered jumper and some burgundy jeans. "Yep, these go alright." Keith says smiling. He lays those down. "Now, I know I have some checkered vans and a burgundy beanie. Now where are they?" Keith asks himself.  Keith looks around the messy room, clattered with dark clothing. He finally finds them when he tosses around some of his shirts and jeans. "Aha found you!" Keith yells in relief, then chuckling a little at himself. He put down the beanie and vans near his outfit. "One more thing... Oooh! I could wear my glasses! But what if Lance thinks I'm stupid or something? You know what Keith, stop worrying, if he truly wants to know me better, then he'll have to get use to my glasses. " Keith assures himself. He strips out of normal clothes and into his new outfit. He entered his connecting bathroom to see if his outfit was ok. He adjusted his glasses and put on some cologne. 

"Ok, I'm ready to go, with 15 mins to spare." He said gleefully. Keith skipped down the stairs and into the living room. "Keith? Why are you so happy?" Abbie asked. Keith turned around. "Well, I'm going out with a friend. " Keith admitted. Abbie frowned. "Does that mean you're leaving me?" Abbie asked on the verge of tears. Keith squat down to Abbie's level. "yes, I have to leave you, but I'll be back as soon as possible, I promise." Keith assured Abbie. Abbie started to cry. "B-but... I-I do-on't wan-nt y-you to le-eave." Abbie sobbed. Keith hugged Abbie tightly, wiping her cheek. "Abbie, I have to, but I promise you that I will come back as soon as possible. I pinkie  promise." Keith assured Abbie again, but she kept crying. Keith's dad walked into the living room, confused. "What's going on? Why is she crying? Why are you dressed differently?" His dad asked. Keith beckoned his dad over to Abbie so he could explain. "Well, 1. Abbie is crying and i'm trying to comfort her. 2. She's crying because I'm leaving. 3. I'm dressed differently because I'm leaving to go out with a friend." Keith addressed. 

"Oh, ok. I'll try to keep Abbie off you." Keith's dad agreed. Keith's dad picked up Abbie, who was thrashing to get out of his arms. "NO! NO PLEASE! NO!" Abbie screamed out while sobbing. Keith felt guilty, which made him grab Abbie out of his dad's arms. His dad looked even more confused, but Keith gave him a look, that told his dad, 'I have a plan'. His dad nodded his head and walked out of the room. Keith set down Abbie on the couch, across from the TV. "Hey, hey, hey. Abbie, why don't we watch some TV?" Keith asked Abbie. Abbie smiled, tears still streaming down her cheek. "Sure!" Abbie beamed. Keith smiled and grabbed the remote, putting the TV on. He switched through channels until he reached the channel his sister watches all the time. He sits there for a good 10 mins until he excuses himself to the bathroom. He goes to the bathroom and calls Lance. "Pick up." Keith muttered at the phone. Finally the phone picked up. "Hey Keith, what's up?" Lance asked. "Well, I was wondering if you could pick me up, and my little sister?" Keith asked. "Um, sure, but why?" Lance asked. "My sister has severe anxiety when I leave to go anywhere that isn't school. So I just gave up trying to leave without her." Keith admitted. "Oh, ok! I'll be over in just 10 mins." Lance said. "Thanks. Bye." Keith parted. Lance did the same. Keith smiled. His plan was working just as he wanted it to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~792 words

Part of my friends dream is in this chapter, Have fun in WV owls_68!

PS: I know Keith's shoes look weird, don't remind me. XD