Campers vs. Hunters

Y/n's POV

Winter was well underway at Camp Half Blood. A light frost had covered both the chariot track and the strawberry fields. A sprinkle of snow had settled on the roof of every cabin, and each one was also decorated in tiny flickering lights.

"Oh my gods, it's almost Christmas and I haven't had time to set up our Christmas tree yet!" I tell Percy.

Percy raised his eyebrows. "The Poseidon cabin has a Christmas tree?"

"Not exactly, no," I reply. "We have this white piece of coral that I decorate with blue ornaments. I've been keeping the tradition going for years. I was gonna do a tree, but I decided to do something more on brand for the cabin. Since you're here, you can help me decorate."

"Whoa," Nico commented as he climbed off the bus. "Is that a climbing wall? Why is there lava pouring down it?" 

"Little extra challenge. Come on," Percy urged. "I'll introduce you to Chiron." 

"Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me," Zoe ordered. 

"I'll show you the way," Grover offered and ran to help them out. 

"Who's Chiron?" Nico asked. "I don't have his figurine." 

"Our activities director. But don't worry about him being bossy or anything. He's awesome," I assure Nico. 

The Big House was decorated with strings filled with red and yellow fireballs that warmed the porch. Inside, the air smelled like freshly made hot chocolate. Mr. D and Chiron were in the parlor playing a game of cards when we walked inside. Mr. D didn't even bother looking up from his hand, but Chiron smiled when he saw us.

"Percy! Thalia! Y/n!" Chiron chirped. "It's good to see you all. And this must be a newcomer."

"Nico di Angelo," Percy introduced. "He and his sister are half bloods."

"You succeeded, then, I assume. Where is Annabeth?" Chiron questioned. 

"Oh, dear," Mr. D murmured. "Not another one lost." 

"What do you mean? Who else is lost?" Thalia pushed as Grover entered the room. 

"The Hunters are all moved in!" Grover chirped. 

Chiron frowned. "The Hunters, eh? I see we have much to talk about. Grover, perhaps you should take our young friend to the den and show him our orientation film." 

"Orientation film? Is it G or PG?' Cause Bianca is kinda strict," Nico noted.

"PG-13," I answer. "But uh, I don't see you sister around here. I won't say anything if you don't."

"Cool!" Nico cheered and followed after Grover.

"Now, perhaps you three should sit down and tell us the whole story," Chiron requested. When we were done, Chiron turned to Mr. D. "We should launch a search for Annabeth immediately."

"From what you have told me, we have broken even on this escapade. We have regrettably lost Annabeth, and you procured a small annoying boy to replace her. So I see no point risking further half-bloods on a ridiculous rescue. The possibility is very great that Annabeth is dead," Mr. D declared.

"Annabeth may be alive," Chiron reasoned. "She's very bright. If our enemies have her, she will try to play for time. She may even pretend to cooperate." 

"In which case I'm afraid she will have to be smart enough to escape on her own," Mr. D stated. 

"I knew there was no point in asking for help from you," I spit out. "The fact that you would even say something like that is-"