That Smile

Author's note
Thank you for reading this. I never thought people would actually like what I write. I hope you enjoy this cause I love writing it. Anyways Cartoonlover233 got it right.
Dewey's pov

2nd
Before we wrap this up you must find
What the Egyptians left behind
Closed in sarcophagus for the night
So they can leave to find the light.

Hmm? "So what is it Webby?" "Obviously it a, wait." Webby stopped for a second before continuing. "Dewey why don't you try to solve it?" Wait me. "Me?" "Yeah don't you wanna try it." "Well I do want to but, I'm not smart enough to do it." "What! That's not true Dewey. You're one of the smartest duck I know. You can do it. I believe in you." Webby gave me a reassuring smile. I have to admit she is cute when she smiles."Alright. I'll try" Think. Think. Come on brain work. Ah-ha! "I got it! Egyptians are from Egypt which has mummies. The answer is mummies!"

"See. You did it Dewey. I knew you could." Webby responds that cute smile so heartwarming. "Thanks Webby." I say never noticed how cute she was. What am I talking about. She's my best friend I can't think she's cute. That's weird ,right?

"Alright Webby where are the mummies at." "Well, they should be at the Egyptian exhibit." "And that's..." I look at Webby, waiting for a response. She looks at the map then looks around before saying," this way. She grabbed my hand and ran to the right side of the museum past the gift shop and dinosaur pulling me along with her. Man she is strong, her hand's already hurting mine.

"Here we are, the Egyptian exhibit" Webby says letting go of my hand. I hold it in my other hand trying to move the fingers. I was able to but my whole hand was red. "Dewey are alright?" Webby asks noticing my quietness. She looks at my hand and gasps "I-I'm so sorry Dewey I didn't know I was hurting you. Does it still hurt? Aw I'm so so so sorry." Webby kept rambling on apologizing about 20 times. It was cute I-I mean as a best friends type of cute. That's a thing right? Yeah, I'm sure it is. "Webby it's okay it doesn't hurt" I lied trying to calm here down. "It doesn't? Phew." She sighed. "That's good," she says with the same smile from before. Man that smile, I could stare at her smile forever and never get tired of it.

Webby's pov
When we walked in there was tons of artifacts. I started taking pictures of the main ones. Then I saw the sarcophagus. "Dewey over there." We walked to it and opened the coffin. There was a mummy in it. "Cool." We both said at the same time.

Attached to the mummy was the 3rd note. Dewey snatched it up and read it out loud. You have found the first number. The object is one number closer. Just 5 more to go . The first number is 0.

3rd
In the past I'm use to eat
Sometime fruit and sometime meat
I'm still used nowaday
But how I'm made has changed it's way

Hmm what could that be. I wrote the first number on the first line. Then I looked at the mummy. It was still out.

An idea popped in my head. "Hey Dewey come over here." I wrap my arms around the sarcophagus and Dewey went around the other side and did the same thing. I held out the camera and told Dewey, "On the count of 3 say cheese.1,2,3 Cheese" Snap! I took a picture and looked at it. It was perfect! I was smiling with my mouth open so my teeth showed. Dewey's smiled too. I don't know why but seeing him smile made my heart skip a beat. It's just, that smile.

Just then the mummy's hand grabbed me. I screamed and threw the mummy off and over me. That was when I heard laughter from a blue dress duck. "Haha oh you should have seen your face," he says wiping away a tear of joy. "It was priceless." I growled at him. He saw me growling, "Aw what's the matter can't take a joke," he taunted with a sly smirk. That just got me madder. He saw that and decided to push me more. " What? Do you want your mummy?" "That's it you ask for it."

I jumped at him but he moved out the way. I fell on the floor face first. "Ooh so close." I jumped again but missed. "Ooh gotta be quicker than that." I got up and started chasing him around the room. He started to laugh and I soon found myself laughing as well. I was gaining on him to the point we were just a foot apart. This was my chance. I jumped and grabbed his shirt. He fell down and I turned him so he could see my face. I was on top of him and he was underneath me. "Gotcha!" I say. He smiled and said, "You sure do." Man, that smile I could stare at it all day and never want to look away.

"What The Blazes is Going on here!" Dewey and I turned around to see an older duck with grey hair at the edge of the room. She was looking at us with fire in her eyes. We got up and responded with, "Nothing!" "Nothing huh. The why is the mummy of Hurus on the floor." "Who?" Dewey asks. "It's an Egyptian god. We are so sorry mam we'll clean it up right away." I began my way to the mummy when she interrupted oh no you don't. Where are yours parents?" "They aren't here." Dewey responds. "Are you two here by yourself?" "No," I say, "we came with our friend Launchpad." "And where is he?" "We don't know. He's probably around here somewhere."
In another part of the city
"Launchpad watch out" screamed the panda woman. Launchpad ducked as a arrow flew above him. "Don't worry Mia" Launchpad said the the panda, "This won't take long." Launchpad swinged a sword in the air and charged at the Archer.
Back at the museum

"Well you will have to come with me untill he shows up." She says grabbing our hands. "What!" We yelled at the same time. "You can't do this. We need to do something really important." I say trying to pull my hand loose. For an old duck she is surprising strong. She let us go and looked for her keys to her office."Pss Webby," Dewey wispered, "on the count of three run. We'll met outside. 1,2,3!" Dewey ran right and I ran the other way. The old lady yelled at us to stop but we were too far.

Dewey's pov
Of all the things I thought me and Webby would do, running from an old lady was not one of them. "What are we gonna do. We only have one number. How are we going to find my mom now?" "Hey don't worry Dewey all we have to do is make sure she doesn't see us." Suddenly my stomach growled. "Alright. We should get something to eat first. I'm starving." Webby giggled before saying, "yeah I am too." We started walking our way to the closest restaurant. I think it's a Burger Place. Yum!

Author's note
Hey guys thanks for reading. I wrote the last part on an empty stomach. I'm still waiting for my burger. Anyway until next time. Bye.