Parting ways

Webby's pov
Left or right. Right or left. This way or that way. Ugh! I don't know. The map only shows the the museum not the vents. Suddenly, I heard a bang. It sounded like someone else came into the vent. Okay. I have to decide now. If I choose the wrong one there is no turning back we will get caught. Okay. I have an idea but, it's not a good one.

"Dewey I have an idea." "Great!" He says ready to move on. "So what way do we go?" "I'm gonna go right," as I say this Dewey starts heading right. I grabbed his shirt to stop him and continued, "you go left." "Wait what?" Dewey says as I let go of his shirt. He turns around and looks into my eyes Man, his eyes are so incredible. "No." His words made my snap out of my thoughts. "What do you mean no?" "I'm not leaving you."

Dewey's pov
"No." I say looking at her. She can't be serious. How could she want us to split up. It's always better when we are together. Why would we split in the first place? "What do you mean no?" Webby says confused. "I'm not leaving you." I looked at Webby giving her a determine face. She looked shock so I continued, "Webby I rather get in trouble with you than be safe without you. We are a team and we're staying together." Webby gave me a cute smile and I smiled back. Then, I heard a loud bang from around the corner. "Dewey, we don't have a choice. Go left, we will meet at the artifact exhibit. If I'm not there in 5 something happened." And with that she took of to the right. I turned around. The rukus was getting louder. I sigh and went down my vent.

After about 5 minutes I finally found an exit. I kicked the grate open and climbed out. I took a look around. There were paintings all around. Some of them were weird other were boring. There was one that was blank except for a small black dot in the middle. I looked at the description. Blah,blah,blah,$500,000, blah, blah wait! I reread it. $500,000! What the heck! I didn't know art cost so much. Maybe I should become an artist. I could draw a dot. I then saw a portrait of a beautiful duck. It read, The beauty. Wow she was really pretty. She reminded me of Webby. Webby!

I can't believe I totally forgot. I turn to the main hall and spotted a big screen on the wall. It showed a picture of me and Webby. Shoot. I hid behind the wall and peaked my head out. I spotted a few security guards about 6, at most. Double shoot. How am I supposed to find Webby, finish the riddles, and find the s.s with guards looking for us around every corner. I kept looking around until my eyes met a guard's. Uh-oh. He started walking my way. Triple shoot.

I hid back behind the wall. He's coming. I looked around the room. There has to be something in here to hide me. My eyes landed on to the do it yourself part. It was for you to practice painting. I grabbed the red paint. I took off my shirt and shoved it into the red. I'm so sorry shirt but I had to do this. I pulled it out and shook it to dry it. I then washed my hand and wet my hair. I combed it down and to the left. I put my now dry and red shirt on and dried my hair. "Hey!"

I turned around to the guard who walked up to me. I started to sweat but then he pulled out a photo of me and Webby and asked, "Have you seen either of these ducks sir." Sir? I nev r been called sir it felt so weird. Wait! It worked! He didn't notice me at all. "No. I'm sorry never seen them before in my life." I respond trying  hide my smile. "Okay if you do tell me." Then, he started walking away. "Wait." I called after him. He turned around and waited for me to speak. "Do you know where the artifact exhibit is?" "Down the hall to your left." He said before leaving. I hope Webby is there already.

Webby's pov
Ugh. I miss Dewey. It has been 5 minutes since we split. I still haven't found an exit. The banging has stop so it's quite. Too quiet. The silence is killing me. Ugh. Creak! Uh-oh. The vent underneath me cracked and I fell through. I hit the floor and looked up. There were 4 guards surrounding me. I smiled nervously and said, "Hi I'm Webby."
----------------------------------------------------------

I was handcuffed to a chair in the museum's office while a guard was watching me. He was sitting on another chair with his hands on his knees. He was a dog with brown fur. He looked familiar but I couldn't tell why. He had a scar on his left cheek, it looks fresh. He was just there, looking at me, not even smiling. I looked at his name tag, Williams. "Where's the blue one." I jumped at the sudden sound. His voice was deep. I could of sworn I heard his voice before too. That's when it hit me. This was the guard who caught me a Dewey in the storage room. He must have gotten the scar when Dewey knocked him down. "Where is he!"
Williams yelled angry that I haven't answered him. "I don't know." I say looking at him the same way he's looking at me. He began to growl but was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Hey Will. Clark needs you." Will got up, open the door, and left.

I looked around for anything to get me out of her. The keys were on the other side hang on the wall. It was too far to reach. I checked for a paper clip  or something to pick the lock. Nothing. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

Dewey's pov
I arrived at the exhibit but, Webby wasn't there. Huh. I guess I beat her. That's a first. I walked around until I found the silverware. I opened the case and on the bottom was the next note. It read, Congratulations you have found the next note. You number is 8. The next riddle is,

4th
We get you from here to there
You can find our gas anywhere
Before us you had to ride a horse
But everyone has us now, of course

Hmm. What could it be? "Webby. What do you think it is." I turned my head to the left and remembered. Oh right. Webby isn't here yet. Man, where could that duck be? Is she in trouble? Should I go look for her? Nah. Webby can take care of herself. Unless she got caught. Then she won't be able to get out. No. Webby could get out of anything. What if she can't? I know she can. Do you? Do I?

Author's note
Oh no! Webby has been capture. Dewey is oblivious (like always).
And now Dewey looks like Huey in a long sleeve shirt with no hat. Anyways I hope you liked it. Until next time. Bye.