Getting it back

Dewey's pov
"Will!" We both said looking at each other with wide eyes. "What would he want with the notes?" Webby asked. "I don't know but it can't be any good." "Well we have to get it back before he does something to it." "Like what?" "Before he destroys it."

I began walking with Webby to the office again. "I really hate that dude." I say, "I mean, why does he hate us? What did we ever do to him?" "Remember?"

Flashback Starts
I'm sorry." I say before kicking the box underneath him. That box hit another box which started a domino effect causing all the other boxes to fall. Will let go and fell as the boxes came tumbling down. "Ahhhhh!"
Flashback Ends

"Oh yeah. Almost forgot about that. I get why he tried to arrest us. What if he died? It would have been my fault." "He didn't die though. And Dewey, I don't think he wants to arrest us." "Then what does he want?" Webby looked at me with a small frown. "Oh. We gotta be careful."

Webby's pov
We walked the rest of the walk in silence. I didn't know what to do so I tried to start conversation. "So. How's your day going." "Well there is a crazy lunatic trying to kill me but, besides that it's been pretty good." "Yeah it has been."

"Hey Webby?" "Yeah?" "Of all our adventures we had which one was your favorite?" "Hmm?" I stop to think a minute. I mean I loved all of them but which was my favorite? It was probably the one when me and Dewey went to Ithaquack to look for the Spear of Selene. Sure we didn't find it but I learned something about Dewey that I didn't know before. It was also the biggest adventure we had. That is until this one. "My favorite was the trip to Ithaquack. Because it was the biggest adventure we had. There were booby traps, sea monsters, and even a tiny chimera. Sure we didn't find the spear but it was still a win because," I began to blush as I continued, "I got to spend the whole day with you."

"Aww. I had fun that day with you too. But, that wasn't my favorite one." I looked at Dewey in confusion. "It wasn't?" "No." "Oh." I looked down sadly. I guess he didn't like that day. Maybe he didn't have fun the way I did. I thought it was fun. Why didn't he like it. Was it something I did or, I was interrupted from my thoughts by Dewey saying, "My favorite adventure was the library." I looked up at him with a confused face and asked. "Why?" "Because, it was the first adventure we had together. Just the two of us." I began to smile as I let Dewey finish. "It was the reason we started hanging out more. I am so grateful for that day. It was the most fun I ever had. It also was how we found out about my mom. But the main reason was because I got to hang out with the smartest, the most dedicated, and (mumbles cutest just quiet enough for Webby to not hear) duck in the world."

Dewey looked at me with a smile on his face. My cheeks were burning and my face had the biggest smile it could do. I twirled a lock of my hair between my fingers and said, "Th-Thanks. I'm changing that to my answer too." Dewey started to laugh which caused me to laugh as well. That's when we realized where we were.

"Hey!" Yelled a guard who was walking to us. I was about to reach for the spoon but was stop by Dewey who put his hands on mine. "Don't." He wispered. "O-okay." I say putting my hand back down. The guard walked to us. "You two are the one we have been looking for." He pulled out his baton but was stopped by Dewey. "Wait!" "We surrender just take us to Will."

"What are you thinking?" I wispered yelled as we walked to the office. "I'm thinking we go to Will and explain the situation. Then he'll let us go." "Really!?" I wispered, my volume increasing. "That's your plan!?" "Do you trust?" Dewey said looking my in my eyes. I started to calm down "Always."

Dewey's pov
When we entered the office no one was there. "Um Mr. Guard where is Will?" "I dunno. Just wait here until he come." Then he walked out of the office and locked the door. Wow. He just left us inside the room with no supervison. I mean how can I not go snooping. He's practically begging me too.