Red blush

Webby's pov
I jumped out of the vent and waited for Dewey to jump down. When he jumped out he took a look around. "Woah. Look at this. It looks half tricycle half carriage." I looked at the description it read, Company History Benz Patent Motor Car: The first automobile (1885-1886)

" I looked at the description it read, Company History Benz Patent Motor Car: The first automobile (1885-1886)

"There's the note. It's underneath the seat." Dewey pointed out as he reached for it. Congratulations, one more closer. 1 is the next number.

5th
Wow ain't this a rush
Hurry up and grab my brush
Wait to see what I have made
For it will never, ever, fade

"Too easy." Dewey said handing the note to me. "It's obviously Art." He says acting a little too cocky. "Oh really?" I questioned crossing my arms while smirking at him. "How did you figure that out?" "Elementary, my dear Webbigail." I giggled at his poor british accent. "Elementary? Care too explain?" I say in my own accent which was at least ten times better.

"The note says brush as in a paint brush. Sure it could be a hair or tooth brush but, what would she make with that. The only brush that can be used to make something is a paint brush. And lastly, a painting will last and never fade." I looked at Dewey in both amazement and disbelief. "Wow." I say surprised that he actually thought about all that in only a few seconds. "I'm impressed." "Did you expect any less?" Dewey says with a small smirk on his face. "No. I knew you could do it." I smiled at him and he smiled back. His smile is so, I don't know what the word is. Incredible? No even better. And his eyes, they're so amazing. For a moment I was lost in his eyes. That was until he began to speak. "I think we should start heading back. I'm pretty sure I know where the next note could be." "Ye-Yeah." I say binking my eyes. Looking away to hide my red cheeks "You're right. Lead the way."

Dewey's pov
I headed back into the hallway towards the art exhibit. I swear this must be like the tenth time I walked back there. I looked behind to see if Webby was close behind. She was looking at me but, once she saw me looking she looked away. Was here cheeks red? I wonder why.

Webby's pov
I don't know why but, I couldn't stop looking at Dewey. My cheeks were hot and red. What's going on. I picture Dewey's face. He was smiling and his eyes were sparkling. "Webby?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Dewey. He looked at me with a concerned face. "Are you okay? You were spacing out for a moment there." "Ye-Yeah. I-I-I'm fine. Sorry about that." Jeez. Why was I stuttering so much. "It's okay. By the way." We turned the corner to see the art exhibit. "We're here." Dewey walked in and I followed.

"Wow." Dewey exclaimed while looking around. "I never spent this long looking at art. Museums were always Huey's sort of things. He would like it here." "You know how who hate being here?" "Louie!" We said at the same time. We started laughing.

"Hey Webby." Dewey said after we calmed down. "Yeah?" I respond looking at Dewey. He was looking down while fidgeting his hands. "Do you think we should tell Huey and Louie about what we have been doing? I mean they do have the right to know. Yet again I don't know or want to know how they would react." "I think you should tell them. It's better if they find out by you than any other way. Plus, they may be able to help us find her." "Yeah. As long as Louie isn't on his phone." I giggled a bit before looking at Dewey. He was smiling while staring at me. "What?" I ask. "Nothing it's just," He said looking away before looking back at me, "You have a cute giggle." I began smilling while turning red. I put a loose strad of hair behind my ear before saying. "Th-Thanks."

After a few minutes I finished checking all of the painting but there was no note to be found. I looked toward Dewey to see if he had found it. Instead I caught Dewey holding a can of blue paint. "Dewey?" He turned around to see me looking at what he was doing. "Oh hey Webby." He responds putting the paint bucket in front of him. "What are you doing?" I ask. "Well since the plan didn't work I was going to change back to my original color."

Dewey's pov
I dipped my shirt into the blue paint and dried it off before putting it back on. "Are you done?" Webby asked covering her eyes with her hands. She had a hint of red on her cheeks. I wasn't sure why. "Yep. I'm all done. Oh bluey how I missed you. Anyway have you found the next note?" "Actually no. I haven't. I checked all of the paintings but I haven't been able to find anything. Maybe this is the wrong place." "It can't be!" I said my volume increasing by a little. "You read the riddle. This is the only place here that makes sense. It has to be here."

Unless, "Webby. Do you think someone else could have beaten us to and grabbed the note before we came here?" "What? No that can't be it. I mean no one else knew about the notes except for us." Webby gasped as she realized something important. "No one except for one person. The guard that caught me. The one who took the notes away from us in the first place." "You don't mean..."

3rd person pov
In the museum's office in the dark with a lamp shining on a piece of paper. The paper read, Congratulations you have found the next note your number is... Suddenly, somebody grabbed the paper and ripped it into tiny bits before throwing them in the trash bin. "Mwahahahaha!"

"Will!"

Author's note
I'm sorry for not updating in a long time. I have been busy helping my grandma move into here new house which is awesome by the way. It has a balcony and a huge yard which hopefully will have a swimming pool in it. Anyway I will start to write more now. No promises but I will try to get another chapter out by Monday. Until next time bye.