Paper Bags and Paper Packages

(No, I haven't been writing. I've mysteriously lost my ability to write properly, and I'm trying to fix it. Sorry for the RPs too. June's been really busy so far. On the 6th, it was my mom's birthday. 9th, my brother's. 10th, my parent's wedding anniversary. So yeah, my schedule's hectic. Here's a little of what I've been doing for the past days. It's not much, I'll tell you that.)

Paper Bags and Paper Packages

And all too torturous ticks of a hand. She quietly counts off the minutes that leapt by. It's quiet, it's sad, and it's not supposed to be.

It's a whispering mantra, a repetitive chant. Tick tock tick tock.

And the tick always comes and the tock never ends. It's all just tick tock tick tock, and she's growing impatient.

Oh, when will it end, the torment to her muddled brain? Only when the sun rises and when roosters go cockadoodledoo.

And when the sun rises and the roosters howl, she jumps out of bed in a triumphant cheer.

"IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!" she calls to no one in particular.

"YAHOO!" she cheers again into the empty hall.

She jumps and skips down the spiraling staircase, eager for her birthday breakfast.

But there is no breakfast, nor is there anyone to greet her. She's gotten too used to a company that is no longer there.

Her smile twists into a frown, and it's a terrible day once more. Just as it has been for years.

She sits at the table and pours a solid white liquid into the bowl of loops. Once colorful now devoid of animation, just as the day is.

Her hair falls to her face in tendrils of ink, a raspy sigh blowing it off place.

Tick tock.

The clock goes again, and it's frustrating to hear it all over again.

Tick tock.

Is all that she hears until-

Ding dong.

She jumps to her feet, hot coals on the floor when she runs to the door.

Ding dong.

She hears it again, but there's no one at the door.

Only paper bags and paper packages with tidy blue bows.

"Happy birthday" a tag reads, and she smiles once again.

(I'm dark and twisted, ok? I was hoping to make this angstier, but this should be just the right amount to be healthy. Any more, and I might become some brooding alcoholic *ahem ROBERT ahem*.

Also, it's this sad potato sack's birthday tomorrow, so there's that.

Okay bye.)