Forty-first

Zeren and YuYan were hanging out on the rooftop of a building. 

Not really any building, but it was owned by Zeren's family. A small building that housed their restaurant and its workers. 

At calm nights like this, Zeren and his parents would relax on that rooftop. They couldn't always afford going on trips so that place was their secret hangout. They would grill, play games, hold parties, or stargaze from up there.

Instead of looking plain and dark, the rooftop had some comfortable seats and small table for snacks. Fairy lights lit up the rooftop, giving it a calm atmosphere. 

It was the perfect place to hang out according to Zeren, and that's why he called YuYan over.

It was a starry night and YuYan's eyes were directed towards the sky. Twinkling little stars shined down on them and a full moon was visible in the sky. 

Zeren looked at YuYan, a smile forming on his lips unknowingly. 

He liked moments like these.

Moments when he could stare at her while she's busy with something else. 

"Isn't it unbelievable? How the sky can hold many stars, but the real star is down here?" YuYan cracked up a cheesy line while she gazed above her. 

"I know right, just look at it, shining brightly next to me," Zeren smiled cheekily, picking up her game of cheesiness. 

"You didn't have to ruin my line," YuYan chuckled, "now I don't know what to say."

"I didn't ruin it, I made it better."

"You-," YuYan glared at him before breaking into light giggles. Her laugh was like music to Zeren's ears. He wished if he could just record it and listen to it on repeat. 

And, her laugh was very contagious. Before he knew it, Zeren found himself chuckling along with YuYan.

Right at that moment, everything was perfect.

It seemed like all life's problems deactivated for a while. 

It was just the two of them. 

Hanging out on the rooftop, laughing and throwing cheesy lines at each other. 

A well-earned happy ending.

"Hey YuYan," Zeren called, making the girl face him curiously, "Yeah?"

Zeren exhaled deeply, "by now, I think that you know I like you very much. And-," Zeren wasn't able to continue because YuYan cut him off, "you don't have to explain more Zeren."

She gazed at his eyes with a smug grin, "of course I'll be your girlfriend!"

"Thank you for helping me through that?" Zeren chuckled. 

"You're very welcome boyfriend," YuYan nudged him playfully. 

"Well then since you're my girlfriend, I can do this," Zeren smirked and pulled her closer to him, placing a short kiss on her lips. 

- - - - -

Ohohohoho we're not done yet