Chapter 4: Loyalty

~Crowfeather's P.O.V.~

"WHAT?!" Crowfeather screeched. "Nightcloud?!! But, why...??" I can't belive Onestar is telling me who to mate with! And I don't even like Nightcloud! Oh, why StarClan, why me?? I wailed inwardly. "What's wrong with Nightcloud?" Onestar asked. I sighed, "She's not my.. type, Onestar," I explained. "I've never felt anything towards her. Not in that way," I tell my leader. "Well, Crowfeather, if you want to prove your loyalty, then you will take her as a mate. I sighed in defeat. "Ok, have it your way, Onestar, but I am not happy about this, and I never will be," I added, growling slightly. With that said, I turned and exited the den.

How am I supposed to get Nightcloud to be my mate?? I wondered, heading towards the warriors' den to get some much-needed rest. Think, Crowfeather! How'd you act around Feathertail or Leafpool? said a tiny voice inside my head. Well, I purred a LOT... what else? I mused, flopping down into my nest. Complimenting them, sharing toungues, twining tails, rubbing against her. Wow, I hope this works! Just then I saw a weary Nightcloud enter the den. "Hi, Nightcloud!" I called, purring a bit. She looked startled to see me talking to her, and purring no less! "Oh, hi Crowfeather," she mewed happily, smiling. "Come over here, by me," I invited her, gesturing with my tail while rearranging my nest for two cats instead of one. I can't belive I'm doing this, I thought. Does she really love me? Or is this all a game for charades, from both of us? Nightcloud was purring strongly when she came over to me. I started to groom her pelt, and she groomed mine. Sharing tounges is a good start, I hope this works.

We both fell asleep in my nest, and I was purring (for show, of course). But is it really for show? I asked myself. Am I already falling in love with her, showing 'affection' for the first time to Nightcloud? I sighed, not wanting to think about that at the time. Right now, all I wanted to do was sleep.