Chapter 6: Nightcloud's Fury

A/N

How do y'all like it so far?? Look at the picture above: see how Crowfeather isn't smiling, but Nightcloud is? He doesn't like her at all! Anyway, please keep reading! Updates will continue to come regularly. Thank so much for reading, guys!! ~Jay_feather27

~Nightcloud's P.O.V.~

I can't belive it! Crowfeather might actually love me. *sigh* I hope we can be mates.. and maybe he will love me as much as I love him. Just then, I heard a soft voice crying out. It was Crowfeather?! What was he saying? I leaned closer to his muzzle, so close I could feel his warm breath and his sweet scent surrounded me. I nuzzled him, "It's ok," I whisper, trying to comfort him. He moaned softly, and murmured, "Leafpool! Leafpool, don't leave me.. please, don't go...!" WHAT?! (#$*&!?) He's dreaming. About. Leafpool! I can't belive this cat! He still loves Leafpool! Am I just a toy of his, a personal toy?? Is his so-called love for me all a charade?! I decided to ask him about it when he wakes up. I drifted of to sleep, breathing Crowfeather's scent in deeply. He's mine now, Leafpool. Stay away from him.. I thought fiercely as I fell asleep again.

~Crowfeather's P.O.V.~

I was tossing and turning all night long. I'd been dreaming that Leafpool had died in the badger attack, when we had returned to the Clans. I know I sometimes cry out in my sleep, but I never thought that Nightcloud might hear it!! If she tells Onestar, oh, I'll be in BIG trouble. I guess you could say she might be blackmailing me.. Now I might have to be her mate not only to prove my loyalty, but because she knows I still pine for Leafpool. NOT GOOD!! :(

~Earlier that day (before the scene up there /\)~

When I woke up, the dawn patrol had left already. As I was exiting the warriors' den, Nightcloud woke up, too. "Good morning, Crowfeather," Nightcloud said when she saw me. "Oh, hi Nightcloud," I mewed impatiently, wanting to join a hunting patrol. "Where are you going?" she asked, curious what I wanted to do. "I'm going to join a hunting patrol," I answer quickly, not wanting to be questioned anymore. "Can I come too? I mean, just the two of us, hunting." she said, stuttering a little on "the two of us". Why is she asking me this? Is it because of how I acted last night, plus the fact she might have a crush on me? Or is it because of something I did? All of these questions were going through my head as I said "Um, sure. Let's go ask Ashfoot first, though," I replied, unsure what I should say. Nightcloud purred in delight, which I took as a "yes".

We made our way to Ashfoot side by side. I purposely brushed my pelt against hers to give her the impression that I had a 'crush' on her. Nightcloud looked at me, her amber eyes filled with warmth. "Hey Ashfoot!" I called, waving my tail in greeting. "Hi, Crowfeather," Ashfoot mewed, "What can I do for you? Do you want to join my patrols? There's a couple that could use some extra cats." Crowfeather rolled his eyes playfully at his mother. "If you would let me talk," I began, but Nightcloud cut me off. "Can we go hunting together, Ashfoot?" Nightcloud asked. "Just the two of us," she added, looking at the deputy for an answer. "Uhh.. sure, why not?" Ashfoot said. "Just make sure to bring back plenty of prey!" "Ok," we both said in unison. And with that, we were off.

"Let's hunt by the ridge," Nightcloud suggested once we were out of camp. I nodded in agreement. "Let's go!" I mewed, taking off in a sprint. Nightcloud followed me all the way there, neither one of us breaking pace. When we got there, I was panting hard. I opened my jaws to scent the air. Rabbit! I sniffed again. That way! "Nightcloud, I found a rabbit trail, and it goes that way," I said, pointing to my left with my tail. Wordlessly we bounded off in the direction of the rabbit. After a few minutes of running, we found a rabbit burrow and fresh rabbit dung. "It went into the burrow," Nightcloud said after sniffing the air for a few moments. "We'll have to flush it out, then," I say, ready to go in. "You get in position while I flush it out, ok?" I tell her. As I'm going in, I hear the faint sound of paw steps, and when they stopped, I knew Nightcloud was in position. It's time, thought Crowfeather. Yowl your head off! *YOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLLL* I yowled and yowled until I finally heard the thump, thump, thump, of a rabbit's feet as it fled out of the burrow.

Note: There will be a part 2 for this chapter since it's so long! :) ~Jay