Chapter 6: Nightcloud's Fury Pt. 2

~Crowfeather's P.O.V.~

I turned around and raced out of the tunnel, just in time to see Nightcloud start to give chase to the frightened rabbit. I ran like the wind, easily catching up to Nightcloud in long strides. Soon she had overtaken our prey, and spun around, making the rabbit run straight into my waiting claws. "Nice catch!" Nightcloud commented as I gave the killing bite. "Thanks, you were pretty good too," I replied around a mouthful of rabbit fur.

"Crowfeather, we need to talk.." Nightcloud said. What does she want to talk about?? I wonder, confused. I shrugged, "Sure, what about?" I ask uncertainly. I'm not really sure I want to know, though, I think as I ask that. "Well.." she began, searching for the right words. "Last night, you cried out in your sleep. I was the only one that heard it, because I was sleeping with you in your nest," she added. I blushed a little at the last part, if only to imply that I was 'crushing' on her. In fact, Nightcloud was blushing too! Maybe she DOES like me.. I thought. Although I certainly don't feel the same way she does! I just nodded my head, not wanting to say anything yet. "You were saying 'Leafpool! Leafpool, don't leave me!... please, don't leave me...'" as Nightcloud spoke, her voice rose to a wail in her fury and distress. "You still love Leafpool!" she snarled furiously, "She's a medicine cat! You can't have her! Why isn't your own Clan good enough for you?! I thought you loved me, but apparently not!! I've waited all my life for you, knowing that one day I would be yours. And what to do you do?? Go off on a journey with no goodbye whatsoever, and fall in love with some slimy RiverClan she-cat!" she paused when I gasped in horror at her description of Feathertail. "Feathertail died saving us all! If it weren't for her, I would be dead, and so would all the Clans!" I retorted angrily. "And when you came back, you fell for that bulky, ugly little ThunderClan Medicine Cat!! You met her at night and then ran way without a thought of the Clan you'd left behind!" I was furious now, the way she had insulted my previous mates. They will always a hold special place in my heart, I thought. "Leafpool was almost the same as Feathertail! She had the same personality, and she was very nice, very beautiful, very strong, and cared about me more than herself!" I spat in disgust at Nightcloud's furious rant.

"And now I know that your little love games are all a charade!" she finished sadly, as if she really had wanted me as a mate. Well, you don't really have a choice, Crowfeather, said that voice inside my head. Onestar said you have to be mates, so you might as well start getting her to trust you. Well, it's worth a shot, but there is a very small chance she will actually trust me again, I thought. Take that chance, then, unless you want to get kicked out of the Clan! The voice urged me. I sighed and turned to my hunting partner. "Nightcloud.." I began to say, wanting to apologize. "Still playing games with me, Crowfeather?" she asked mockingly. "Well, don't bother!" She turned around and started running back to camp. "You don't see me!!" she wailed, tears streaming down her face, leaving a stunned Crowfeather standing on the ridge with the rabbit they'd caught together.