Chapter 12: Shelter from the Rain

Ok, I have just now realized that the novela 'Leafpool's Wish' is what actually happened to Leafpool.. (I think. I'm not done reading it.)

However, I think the fanfics about Leafpool and Crowfeather staying together or what happened after they broke up (Like Leafpool's Wish), are much more exciting and creative. I will not give up on this book. Seriously, sometimes I wonder whether or not I should just give up on this book, but all of the views and votes help inspire me to keep writing!! This chapter is kinda a filler, so it won't be very exciting. (It will be long ish) Thanks for reading this far!! ~Jayjay <3

~Leafpool's P.O.V.~

When I woke up, Squirrelflight was gone.

And the worst part?

It was a dark and stormy night.

Really bad situation to be in, don't you think?

One pregnant queen - who shouldn't be pregnant AT ALL - is all alone, in the middle of a thunderstorm (at midnight no less!), without her sister, and only one stale mouse for food. Oh, and did I mention that I was huddled in a tree trunk? Because I was huddled in a very damp, dark tree trunk. The kits! Think about the kits! There has to be somewhere close by to shelter..! I thought frantically, on the verge of panic. I was no warrior; I was a medicine cat, and I had been trained in the ways of healing, and basic defense and offense moves. I was in no condition to fight a stray fox or - StarClan forbid - a badger.

Oh, StarClan, help me! I prayed a silent prayer to my warrior ancestors, and all the while desperately wishing for Squirrelflight. My sister was a senior warrior now. If she were here, she would know what to do. But she's NOT here, so YOU have to figure out what to do, Leafpool. Your life and the lives of your kits depend on your decision right now. Think, Leafpool, think! I gave myself a mental pep-talk, trying to think of what to do in my situation. By now, I was definitely having a panic attack, and probably slowly losing my sanity thanks to worry for my kits. If it wasn't for Crowfeather, these kits wouldn't be here, and I wouldn't be stuck in a thunderstorm!!

BOOM! CRASH!

Now I was REALLY scared - scratch that - TERRIFIED. 🙀. That lightning sounded very close to my tree. If I didn't get help soon, I might die from fright and shock and worry.

Then I heard something yowl "LEAFPOOL!!! LEAFPOOL, WHERE ARE YOU??! LEAFPOOOOOL!" CRASH! Went another lightning bolt, making my fur poof out so I was twice my size. Growling in annoyance, I shook my head and almost made my fur go flat, but it was good protection from the cold, so I left it fluffy.

I started to yowl, "SQUIRRELFLIGHT? IS THAT YOU?" My voice wouldn't work. I was in shock, and unfortunately I had no thyme. Thyme. Helps with shock. Juniper berries help with strength and belly aches. Water mint for belly aches. Daisy, chamomile, burnet, and sorrel are traveling herbs. I kept reciting herbs in my mind, as that helped me calm down.

I tried yowling again: "SQUIRRELFLIGHT IS THAT YOU???!!" This time, it came out loud- louder than I expected it to. But hey, it got the message across, so who am I to complain?? Just then my sister tumbled into the hollow trunk. Her fur was soaked, and she was shivering badly. "L-leaffpoo-l!" she mewed, her teeth chattering. "T-there you ar-re! I w-was worried-d." Oh, Squirrelflight, what did you do? I thought, shaking my head in disapproval. "Squirrelflight, you should be worried about yourself! What were you thinking, going off like that? It's midnight for StarClan's sake! Let me help you," I said, moving to help her lick her fur dry. It was quite a task, but we managed. "Thanks, Leafpool. I feel a bit better now," she meowed gratefully, sinking into her warm, dry nest. "Are you hurt? Do you want to eat?" I asked, concerned for the ginger she-cat.