Survival Is Essential

A muffled cry drew you near the trees. An angry Walker was over the victim he had just thrown to the ground. You threw yourself on the monster and buried the machete in his skull. You didn’t even have time to recognize the human being nearby. It fell pitifully to the ground and remained motionless and under it appeared a girl with long brown hair.

"Alicia…”

She looked up and her eyes widened in surprise. “Oh my god…” You two hugged each other tightly. None of you could believe that this really happened. “Let’s go the others, let’s get out of here! I have a boat, please let’s get out of here!”Alicia picked up the weapon she had lost in the fight with the living dead and put it back on her belt. “You have a boat? Where?”

“A little further out, they are waiting for us.”

“Who is waiting for us?”

“The group that saved me, we can trust them, I’ve been traveling with them for weeks, if not months.”

You both killed even more Walkers until you saw the silhouettes of Travis and Madison fighting back to back against the swarm of living dead. You two made your way to them, destroying the circle of Walkers that surrounded them, and made an escape route. “Y/N, you are alive!”Madison said, clinging to you in a hug.

“Come on, I’ll get you out of here, I know where we have to go.”

“She has a group!”, Alicia said.

“We have to get Nick.”

Only then did you think of him. You had noticed his absence from the boat and had not dared to shout his name. A warm relief filled your head, but that didn’t mean anything…

“I’ll look for him.”, Travis said. “Madison and Alicia, you go with Y/N, we’ll catch up with you.”

You approached Travis. “You’ll see the boat offshore, they’re waiting for us… Travis, where are Victor and Chris?”

The man just nodded, looked at the floor and wanted to leave, but you stopped him by grabbing him by the arm. Rugged as you really wanted and looked into Travis’s eyes. You understood it immediately… “Please come back…”

He looked at you and nodded, a promise in his eyes, shortly thereafter he went back into the dense vegetation. You swallowed and were abruptly brought back to reality. A Walker ​​appeared out of nowhere and attacked you from behind. You tried to break free, but stumbled over a branch. A moment later, the Walker fell on you, but behind you Alicia had already loaded the weapon and aimed at the living dead. “Are you crazy, you could kill me!”

Don’t worry, I’ve improved a lot.”, she said harshly and managed to eliminate the Walker. She looked at her mother, who was sitting on a rock, examining a long cut on her calf. “Let’s go, if we’re on the boat, the sooner we can cleanse the wound.”