Cheated And Replaced

"Looks new.", Carl said. "It sure works.", added Travis.

"It must have been a fishing vessel for a big catch, it has nets and is very wide, it has to have a cold room where we can store our things."

"Will there be enough room for all of us?", Rick asked.

"Usually these boats have crew cabins." Nick narrowed his eyes as the sun shone into his face. "And even kitchens, as well as equipment to stay at sea for weeks."

"Perfect!", Carol commented.

"Yes..." Michonne withdrew her sword from its scabbard. "We just have to eliminate the extremely many Walkers on it..." The group members looked at each other indecisively. This ship was definitely like a prison for a herd of Walkers. The living dead swarmed on it, they looked like sardines in a big box. The survivors didn't even know where to start. The boat was nice, big, the security systems still seemed to be intact, like the lifeboats and the rest, everything was in place and probably perfectly inside. Too bad for this ship, if Walkers would waste it... "Maybe we could lure them out.", Carl suggested, searching for his father. "But how?", Alicia asked. "Should we stand down and wait for them to rain down on us?" Carl glared at her. "We can create a kind of construction around the boat and kill them from there." Daryl looked at Rick's eyes. "Scaffold? Yeah, I understand." Daryl returned to the ship and wondered how they could build such a structure without bases. At the bottom of the ship was in a bend of the river, but to reach them, they had to swim. He was focused, his eyes fixed on the boat when he noticed a movement out of the corner of his eye. He was upset when he saw Nick approaching Y/N and mumbling something mysteriously into her ear. With his fingertips, the boy touched your arm, your shoulder, and went down to the wrist, in a gesture that seemed very familiar and intimate. Daryl saw you nodding, but with a serious frown and thoughtful eyes.

"Nick and I will leave.", you said, stepping forward. You looked at Madison as if asking for her permission, or as if you wanted to apologize for the decision. The woman tensed, her hands on her hips.

"Are you sure it's our only chance?", she asked, pointing to Travis. He looked at the boat with a knowledgeable look. Some Walkers had noticed you and growled at you, but didn't seem too convinced.

"We have been looking a long time and this is more than a good opportunity, it is a stroke of luck, it will take a long time to find a boat under these conditions, I can not be 100% sure, but if so, I would say it hardly was ever used."

Madison nodded imperceptibly. Then she met Nick's eyes. "You have to be careful.", she said it like an order, as if explaining a fact to you instead of a recommendation. This sentence seemed to release something in the group: Travis and Alicia moved in your direction.