Chapter One

A/N: Images used are just found from google searches (unless otherwise stated as fan art given to me).. I don't art well

~Kimi's POV~

"Kimi, honey, are you almost ready? It's a big day today." Nana, the woman who kindly adopted me into her home many years ago called up to me. I finished adjusting my uniform, fluffed out my long light brown hair and grabbed my bright purple and teal messenger bag. I skipped down the stairs to find a kind woman in her late sixties wearing a white apron over a floral print dress smiling kindly at me with a tray of fresh baked cookies in hand. "I baked you some cookies for your first day of your senior year."

"Thank you Nana! Your cookies are the greatest, Betty Croker can't even compete." I smiled as I swiped a warm gooey cookie from the tray and popped it in my mouth, the chocolate chips melted on my tongue. They were so good I just wanted to devour the entire tray of cookies but thought it better to wait and savor them later.

The older woman smiled and swept me into a loving embrace, "I want you to try to have fun today, it's the first day of your senior year, enjoy yourself. Maybe make some friends this year." She chuckled.

"I'll try." I giggled and placed the lunch she had prepared for me in my messenger bag along with a bag of fresh baked cookies. "Have a good day, Nana." I kissed her on the cheek and skipped out the door.

It wasn't a very long walk to school, perhaps almost a mile, but I loved walking, I loved all the sights from the homey nature filled outskirts of the city to the more urbanized parts of the city. Everything was so full of life, the flowers and trees, and the people busily rushing to begin their daily lives. I lost myself in my thoughts for a moment and completely stopped paying attention to where I was going and soon found myself bumping into someone and plummeting toward the asphalt, because I'm just that graceful. Strong arms encircled me before my face could acquaint itself with the pavement and I soon found myself on my feet. I turned to my rescuer my face burning hot from embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry." I bowed my head not even looking at who I had just run into.

"It's alright." I recognized that soft sweet voice; it was Shuichi from my school. "You're Kimora Shiro, right?"

I looked up to meet his beautiful emerald eyes and tried to keep my blushing under control, he wasn't alone, he was with two other boys in school uniforms I didn't recognize, though I'm sure the one wearing green wasn't in a school uniform at all. I nodded in response to his question.

"Allow me to introduce you to my friends; this is Yusuke Urameshi, and Kazuma Kuwabara." He first indicated the boy with slicked back ebony hair and the daring brown eyes, the nonconformist, then to the boy with the odd orange hair, freckles and chocolate eyes.

"It's very nice to meet you both." I bowed my head to them timidly, today was off to a great start barely eight o'clock and I was already making a total fool of myself.

"I smell cookies." The one named Kuwabara said at random causing Yusuke and Shuichi to stare at him oddly.

I felt myself blush, "Oh, Nana baked me some this morning would you like one?" I pulled the bag out of my messenger bag and pulled out a still warm cookie and offered it to Kuwabara.

He grinned like a goof ball and accepted it graciously and stuffed it in his mouth, his eyes went wide after a moment and Yusuke and Shuichi looked concerned.

"Kuwabara, are you alright?"

"These are amazing!!!" He squealed like a girl.