Chapter Three

(Briefly)~Hiei's POV~

Something was off about this human girl, I could sense an almost demonic aura around her but it was masked. She seemed so innocent and pure. I looked through a window right next to me as the light came on inside and spotted Kimi in a soft pink nightgown, she sat at a white writing desk and got out her sketchbook and sketched into the late hours of the night. After awhile she fell asleep at her desk.

I sighed to myself as I inched toward the window, what was I doing? Why should I care that she was sleeping at her desk and would possibly catch a cold or wake up feeling sore? I checked the window, it opened easily and silently; I tip toed to her desk. Her sketchbook caught my eye; on the desk before her was a perfectly sketched image of me, Kurama, Yusuke and Kuwabara beneath the cherry blossom trees. She was very talented.

I swept her into my arms, she didn't even stir, and carried her to the bed, I lay her atop the sheets and draped a blanket over top of her before switching off the light and darting back out the window. Why did I do that? I returned to my perch and watched over her while she slept. Who was this strange girl that invited strangers into her home at odd hours of the night, treating them like guests?

-Next morning-

~Kimi's POV~

I woke as the sunlight filtered through my window, when did I put myself to bed? I didn't remember getting up from my desk. I grabbed a new uniform from my wardrobe and went to my bathroom to shower and change. After a nice hot shower I dried quickly and put on my school uniform before going downstairs while towel drying my hair to help Nana with breakfast, only to find Nana conversing with Shuichi, Yusuke, Kuwabara and Hiei. I blushed as they all looked over at me and smiled. I tossed my now wet towel in the laundry room.

"Good morning everyone."

Nana smiled at me, "Your friends are all sweethearts." She beamed.

I smiled at this, "They're all pretty great. Would you like me to make you all some breakfast?" I pondered.

"Please." Kuwabara and Yusuke were excited at the prospect of getting more home cooked meals.

Hiei even perked up a bit at this and Shuichi smiled.

I felt happier than I had felt in a long while, "Any requests?"

"Surprise us." Yusuke grinned.

I laughed and snatched my sea green apron from its hook and tied it behind me before setting to work, I served everyone hot coffee and a glass of orange juice while my skillet heated up and set to work preparing blueberry pancakes along with sunny side up eggs and apple wood smoked bacon. Nana chatted with the boys while I cooked and I couldn't help but smile at how comfortable this felt. Nana really liked all of them. I served everyone a plate along with a fork once more and put the warm maple syrup in a dish for them to pour.

"This looks amazing." Yusuke beamed as he and Kuwabara dug in.

"Thank you, Kimi." Shuichi smiled politely.

Hiei gave me a nod and I smiled at this.

"Please Marry me." Kuwabara whimpered dramatically as he shoveled food in his mouth.

Nana laughed at this, "My Kimi is the best cook."

"Agreed." Yusuke and Kuwabara piped in as they devoured their first plate and asked for second helpings.