Chapter Six

~Kimi's POV~

The next morning I still felt a little weary, but was fully functional. I showered and changed into my school uniform and headed downstairs with a yawn. My body ached, the spot on my abdomen where I'd been stabbed was tender despite the wound being healed without so much as a scar. Shuichi and the guys were all crowded around the breakfast bar while Nana finished baking a fresh batch of cookies.

"Good morning, Kimi dear, are you feeling better?" Nana smiled kindly at me.

The guys all turned to me and I felt the heat burning in my cheeks as they all stared at me intently. "Much better, sorry I couldn't take care of dinner last night."

"Not to worry, these nice gentlemen treated an old woman to some divine noodles." Nana beamed.

What did they tell Nana? I doubt they told her I'd been stabbed or that they took me to a psychic to be healed. "Would you all like some breakfast?" I pondered as I reached for my sea green apron.

"Don't you worry none," Nana smiled placing her hand over mine, stopping me, "Have a seat, I'll make breakfast, Kimi dear, you still look a little pale." She steered me to the bar stool next to Shuichi and placed a tall glass or orange juice on the counter before me, "You need more vitamin c."

So they told her I was sick. I smiled and took my seat. I felt strange; everything seemed brighter and clearer, as if my sense of sight had been heightened. But that wasn't it; I could smell the bacon on the skillet and pick out each individual spice and seasoning. Nana added too much black pepper and it was beginning to make my head ache. I rubbed my temples trying to shake the strange sensation.

"Are you alright, Kimi?" Shuichi asked concerned.

I turned to look into his dazzling emerald orbs and attempted my most reassuring smile, "I'm fine, how's your mother doing?"

He smiled, "She's doing much better, that tea really helped, thank you."

'She's such a sweet girl'

The thought fluttered across my mind in Shuichi's voice, but he hadn't said anything. A dull throb began pulsating in the back of my head. I forced a smile and attempted to keep myself composed, what was going on? Why did I feel so strange?

We finished breakfast and I followed the guys into town. "Does psychic healing have any weird side effects?" I pondered quietly.

"What's wrong?" Shuichi asked calmly.

"Nothing's wrong, I just feel off." I blushed, that sounded stupid. Things were going to be awkward now. They saved my life, how did one react to that?

'Would it be better if she knew?' That sounded like Kuwabara's voice, but no one had spoken out loud. Was I hallucinating their voices in my head?

'Poor girl, maybe we should have asked Genkai to delay it' That was Yusuke's voice.

I jumped and covered my ears as a police siren screeched somewhere nearby. It was so loud it was like I was surrounded by at least ten of them with all their sirens on full blast. It got closer and the wail got louder and I found myself cringing and slipping to my knees. Why was it so loud?

"Kimi!" Yusuke and Kuwabara panicked.

Hiei and Shuichi exchanged worried looks.