Chapter Ten

~Kimi's POV~

"KIMI-HIME!" A childish voice squealed from near the carnival entrance. I couldn't help but smile as I spotted Dee standing near the entrance trying to keep a hold on her younger sister, Alexa. The ball of energy was hopping frantically from foot to foot waving in my direction waiting for Dee to release her so she could run to me.

I waved over to the two and ran to join them, though the pale blue yukata Nana insisted I wore, made it a little difficult to run. "Sorry I'm late" I bowed apologetically as I reached them.

Alexa dove into my arms and squeezed me tight. "Kimi-hime looks so pretty! Dee, why can't we wear pretty things?" She turned to her big sister with a pout.

I looked down at the young girl clinging to me with a smile. Though she and Dee were biological sisters, they didn't share many traits. Dee had short spiky dark hair and even darker eyes and was of a somewhat stockier build. Alexa was like a pure delicate fairy, her features were softer, her hair was a long dusty strawberry blonde and her eyes were a pale blue.

"We don't own any yukata." Dee said with a shrug, "Come on kiddo, stop clinging to Kimi."

"No! I don't wanna!" Alexa stuck her tongue out at her big sister, "Kimi-hime is my favorite." She beamed.

Dee threw me an apologetic look, "Sorry. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all." I beamed. "If you want, they have Yukata rentals for tourists, I'm sure we could find something."

Alexa squealed happily and pulled me off in the direction I had pointed toward the rental shop. Dee sighed and followed after us. The three of us made our way to the Yukata rental shop. After a few minutes of browsing in the kids' section I found a pale lavender yukata with a periwinkle obi. The robe was adorned with various pale blue blossoms. It suited the pure child perfectly.

After Alexa was changed into her Yukata she declared we had to find one for Dee, much to Dee's displeasure. Alexa found a bright pink one and I looked to Dee curiously expecting her to protest. However, her love for her younger sister trumped her disgust for pink and in a matter of minutes Dee had changed out of her dark heavy clothing and changed into the bright pink Yukata with the pale turquois obi. They stored their street clothes in one of the lockers available for renters attending the carnival. Dee opted out of the traditional sandals and kept her black converse. The look, while strange, seemed to suit her.

We headed to the carnival with Alexa between us, clinging to each of our hands as the sun began to set and the carnival came to life as all the paper lanterns began to glow illuminating each stall, stand and attraction.

"It's like magic!" Alexa squealed in awe as she looked to all the paper lanterns as they flickered to life and began to glow.

"Is that Yusuke?" Dee pointed at a food stall ahead of us.

I followed her index finger and sure enough, Yusuke was standing outside of a food stall arguing with a pretty girl with short brown hair wearing a yellow and pink yukata. Yusuke said something that the girl obviously didn't like and she pulled back and smacked him with enough force he toppled over causing my eyes to widen.

"I like her." Dee laughed, "Let's get popcorn and enjoy the free entertainment."

"Dee, that's not very nice." I attempted to scold her.

"Kimi?" A familiar voice sounded from behind us causing me and Dee to turn.

I felt a faint blush spread across my cheeks as I turned and found Kurama, Kuwabara and a somewhat disgruntled looking Hiei. Alexa released Dee's hand and turned to the new arrivals with a scrutinizing look.