Chapter Two

~Kurama's POV~

"Koenma has another mission for us all." Hiei looked annoyed.

I sighed, I was hoping I could go home and do some research on Kimi, something about her seemed inhuman, I could sense an aura around her, but it was masked. I'd been in school with her for years and had never noticed it, until today.

"So who was the human girl you were fawning over all day?" Hiei smirked.

I turned to him curiously, "Were you spying on me, Hiei?"

"Just trying to figure out why you pretend to be human, but I guess I can kind of see why." He chuckled.

Kimi was beautiful, and she wasn't like any of the other girls at school. She was so sweet and innocent and she had the prettiest blue green eyes. I followed Hiei through the portal and we reappeared in Koenma's office to find Yusuke and Kuwabara already there bickering.

"Good you're all here, a demon has managed to escape into the human world, he's pretty dangerous, B-class, he's a master of torture and especially has a thing for pretty young women, they're his favorite victims." An image flickered onto the screen of a man with long midnight blue hair, dark stripes across his arms and torso and dark midnight eyes. "He's very skilled in dual weapon wielding combat, specializing in katanas, once he starts killing I'm sure it will only escalate from there, you need to find him, and quick."

"Does he have any abilities?" I asked curiously.

Koenma looked nervous at this, "He can bend beings of weaker will power to do his bidding, can completely control them. His name is Kai, please be careful."

That was dangerous, he could have an army of humans at his disposal already, and humans were easily susceptible to matters of the mind. We needed to find him quickly. He summoned a portal for us at the demon's last sighting. It was a park; just on the outskirts of the city. It was nightfall and the park was aglow due to the various streetlights. The park seemed to be empty. We all surveyed the area for any clues or signs of his current whereabouts.

"Isn't that, Kimi?" Yusuke pondered pointing over at a row of cherry blossom trees. And sure enough, there was Kimi, wearing a simple white sundress and a pair of sandals sitting beneath the cherry blossom trees with her sketchbook splayed out across her legs. Her long light brown hair was down and loosely draped around her nearly reaching the grass as it fell just past her ribs.

I didn't sense any demonic presence aside from her strange aura, she wasn't in any immediate danger, "We should probably take her home, it could be dangerous." Kuwabara suggested.

I nodded in agreement and we headed toward her; she had headphones in and was softly humming along to her music. She looked up upon our arrival and jumped. An adorable blush spread across her face.

"Shuichi, Yusuke, Kuwabara, what are you all doing here?" She squeaked as she turned off her music player.

"We were just out on a walk, what are you doing out at this hour?" Yusuke pondered as he tried to get a look at her sketchbook.

"It's not safe." Kuwabara added.

She smiled sheepishly, "I like coming out here to draw." She hid her sketchbook.

"What are you drawing?" Kuwabara beamed.

"Oh, nothing." Her face was a brilliant shade of red.