Chapter 3: Bat manor

We pulled up to a big mansion, it was Wayne Manor. John walked to the front gate, then saying an incantation to open it. I raised an eyebrow at him in disapproval.

"Don't worry luv," he said lighting a cigarette, "Mr. Wayne is an old mate of mine, he won't mind."

"Who the heck are you?," I turned around to see a boy. He came closer to me grabbing my arm. "I asked, who are you!?!" he asked again.

"I'm Coraline, and you are?" I stood straight up acting braver than I was.

"Robin. Who's your friend," he asked looking at John.

"The name is John Constantine, I'm an old friend of the Bat," John said acting very calm under the circumstances.

"Will see about that, but until then you two are coming with me," he started pulling me towards the gate.

"Let me go!" I elbowed him in the gut, then made a run for it.

"Coraline! Where are you going! Come back!" I ignored John and kept running.

____________________________________________________

Fifteen Minutes Later.....

I stopped running to catch my breath. What did I get myself into? I thought, Bruce Wayne's Batman! This is nuts, Jesus! Mickey's probably dead, I'm probably going to end up dead if I don't hurry!

I started crying burying my head in my hands. Just as I was thinking of going and trying to find Mickey I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Robin, I jumped up and tried to run but he grabbed my hand, "I'm not going to hurt you, came down."

"Let me go!" I tried to pull away but he held on tighter. "Please! I won't tell anyone where Batman lives! Just let me go!"

"Came down!" he said, " Batman sent me to come and find you, he's going to help you find your friend!" 

I stopped struggling. I guess he didn't trust that I wouldn't run because he didn't let go. "You can let go of me. I'm not going to run."

He let go and started walking, "You coming?" he asked.

I nodded my head and I followed him. "So you know my name, are you going to tell me yours?"

"Jason," he said, "So, what was your deal back there?"

"What do you mean?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him.

"Why did you try to run?" he asked. He stops and looked at me.

"Why wouldn't I?" I responded not wanting to get into it. I didn't want to admit that I was terrified, actually terrified when he grabbed me. When I was little and people grabbed me like that nothing good followed.

"Your friend, that John guy he didn't run," he said.

I just gave him a sideways look and kept walking.

It took Jason five minutes to say anything else, "I'm sorry."

"Why?" I asked.

"For scaring you," he said, "I didn't mean to."

"I wasn't scared," I lied "I just... don't like it when people grab me like that." I crossed my arms feeling a little chilly.

"Are you cold?" he asked

"A little," I said, just as a gust of wind making me shake a little.

Jason took off his leather jacket, handing it to me and said "here."

"Thank you," I said putting it on. "So, you friends with Batman?"

"In a manner of speaking, yes," he answered.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"What's your favorite color?" he asked trying to change the subject.

"Purple, but don't try to change the..." before I could finish my sentence I felt a gut-wrenching pain in my head. I started to fall, but Jason stopped me from hitting the ground.

"Coraline! What's wrong!?!?!" Jason asked

I screamed out pain. This makes no sense, John reavered the spell. What the heck is going on! I thought. Then everything went dark.

____________________________________________________

    I woke up in another bed feeling fuzzy. Opening my eyes trying to figure out where I was, and I saw Jason sighting in a chair next to the bed, asleep. He wasn't wearing his suit anymore.

I woke up in another bed feeling fuzzy. Opening my eyes trying to figure out where I was, and I saw Jason sighting in a chair next to the bed, asleep. He wasn't wearing his mask anymore. So I just stared at him, he had black hair with a little white in the front.

I decided to wake him up I tapped his knee and said: "Jason......wake up."

Jason's eyes fluttered open and he yawned. "Are you feeling better?" he asked staring at me with big crystal blue eyes.

"I'm ok, thanks to you," I said reaching to hold his hand.

"You still would've been out there if it wasn't for me," he said holding my hand.

"So where's John?" I asked trying to sit up.

"He's downstairs, and you're going to stay right here," he said placing his hand on my shoulder stopping me from getting up.

"Fine," I said giving up, "but your staying with me, this place gives me the creeps."

Jason nods his head and sits back down in the chair, "Ok, but get some rest, please." I closed my eyes and fell asleep smiling.