Chapter 4: Bad Dreams

"He will end up dead, like everyone who gets close to you!"

    "No, he won't!"

    "Just like Mikey, and your Mother."

    "NO!"

    "You will destroy everything you touch!"

    "Stop!"

    "You should Just run away, and let them kill you!"

"I said STOP!"

I woke up breathing heavy and crying. Jason shot up from the chair so fast that he almost fell over. He came over with a look of concern and fear in his eyes. "Are you ok? Is it the spell? Do you need me to get John?" He asked, but he didn't wait for me to answer, he just turned around,  and started to run out of the room.

"No, wait!" I yelled grabbing his arm, "It was a nightmare..........But I'm ok!"

He came to the edge of the bed and sat down. I was still crying the nightmare was still in my mind. It took him a while to say something, he said, "Umm.....do you want to talk about it?" I shook my head side to side not wanting to talk about it. "Do you want me to get John?"

I shook my head again, "I've only known the guy for one day now," I said trying to take my mind off the dream. "I guess he's tracking the demon that's possessing my friend."

"So what the heck does this demon want with your friend anyway?" he asked.

I spent the next hour telling Jason about everything, from the killings, to what happened in Mickey's apartment, and the tormenter spell.

He was quiet for a minute and then he asked me "So are you and John going after that demon?"

"I don't know, the demon probably killed her already," I said, and I started to cry a little bit.

"Don't talk like that I'm sure she'll be ok, Batman, and John are both looking for her," he said trying to raise my spirits up. "Want something to eat?"

"A little, and I also could use some fresh air," I said, I just needed a little space from the situation at hand.

"Ok," he said smiling "I know a place where we'll be safe."

I thought about it for a minute, and I smiled and said: "Lead the way!" We walked out of the house to the front were his motorbike was parked.

"Here," he said handing me a bike helmet. I put it on and got on the motorbike, and he started the motorbike. It was so loud I almost didn't hear him say "hold on tight!" I listened and held on wrapping my arms around him.

We drove for a while until I finally asked: "So, where are we going anyway!"

"A place in Gotham!" as he yelled over to me.

    We drove for a while before driving into a neighborhood that made me feel very nervous, but still, I felt ok with Jason here, he pulled over and got off the bike.

    "This is my old neighborhood," he said helping me off the bike, "there's a diner down the street, come on." He started walking down the street and I followed. Then all of a sudden the sky went dark, and out of the darkness, a finger came, Micky. For a split second I was happy but then I remembered it wasn't really Mikey.

    "I'm going to give you two options kill this host.......or die," the demon said using its powers to throw  Jason to the ground. Then she pulled me towards her, punching me in the face. "Fight human."

"No," I said looking straight into the eyes of the demon "I know you're not the one behind the killings. cuz' if you were why give me a chance to fight, and why keep Mikey alive. Also, how did you know that spell! So you know what I think your working for someone. Someone that is a heck of a lot stronger than you!"

"Ok human," It said "I'm going to give you two more choices. One, you come with me and die, or......" She pushed, lifting up her hand and started to choke Jason, "Let him die!"

"Please no!" I pleaded "you want me. leave him out of this. I'll go with you!"

"Ok human," she said letting Jason go "but no tricks or you can kiss your friend goodbye."

"No tricks, I promise," I said not wanting my new friend, and Mikey to die.

"Coraline don't!" Jason yelled.

"Silence human!" the demon yelled throwing Jason to the ground.

    "Please!" I said stepping in front of the demon "I'm going with you, so please leave him alone!"

    "Let's go then," it said taping my forehead. Then everything went dark.

____________________________________________________