Chapter 5: The Truth

I woke up chained to a wall may head hurting again. When my eyes adjust to the dark I see a woman standing in front of me she's wearing a green cloth mask over her face. "Who are you?" I ask "what do you want with me?"

    "Oh, Miss. Harris, you're awake. Sorry about your friend, I didn't order her to kill Mikey but you know demons." she said, and my heart dropped. No. No. No. NO. she can't be dead, No.

    "Why," I asked, "Why me, what the heck do you want with me!?!"

    "Why do I want you?" She said, "because you need to pay!"

    "Pay?" I asked through the tears "Pay for what!?!"

    "For being born!" she yelled picking me up by my shirt and slamming me against the wall. "You ruined my life! You and your father John Constantine!"

    I just stared at her. What the heck is going on! John, my father! What the heck! I thought. She let go of my shirt, and I fell back to my knees. "Your friend put a tracker on you, he will be here soon. I will let him save you, but," she said moving closer to me "Just know that this will never be over. I will take everything from you, and then I will take you from this world, and...."

    Before she could finish her threat Jason came running in dressed as the Robin "Leave her alone!" he yelled. I guess Jason spoked her cuss she made a brake for the door. Jason didn't go after her, he came right to me. "Are you ok?" he asked picking the lock on the chains "did she hurt you?"

    I started crying "Jason she killed Mikey!"

    He didn't say anything he just hugged me, and I started crying harder. When I finally stopped crying, he finally said something "Can you walk?" I nodded my head and Jason helped me stand up, but I quickly fell back to the ground. Jason didn't say anything he just picked me up and carried me outside, where the Batmobile was waiting. I saw Batman get out of the car and opened the door so Jason could put me in the front seat.

    "Jason, is she ok?" Batman asked.

    "I don't know," Jason answered, putting me in the front seat.

    "Jason you ride with Coraline I'll drive your bike back," Batman said handing Jason the keys. Jason nodded getting in the front seat.

    "Coraline?" Jason asked, "are you hurt?"

    "My head hurts," I answered "and I feel dizzy."

    "You probably have a concussion," he said. We didn't talk the rest of the way back to Wayne Manor.

    When we got there Jason got out of the car and carried me inside, and up the stairs into a bedroom. He set me down on the bed and then sat on the edge next to me. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

    "Yeah," I answered "Jason can I tell you something? And you can't tell anyone."

    "Ok," he said, "Shoot."

    "The woman that had the demon take me," I said wondering if I should even be telling him this, "she said that John.....Is my dad." He didn't say anything for a long time, he just sat there looking shocked. "Jason say something, Please."

    "Do you think she's telling the truth?" he asked.

    "I don't know, but should I tell John what she said?" I asked.

    "I'm not sure," Jason said scratching the back of his head "I'm not good at the advise thing."

    I plotted my head on the pillow sighing, "why me," I mumbled. "Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me."