Chapter 6: The Past We Leave Behind

When we got to the bottom, we entered a big cave (the bat cave). It was filled with souvenirs of the bat's from past battles. "Hi," I said waving towards the monitors wear John and Batman were standing.

"Hello," Batman said in a cold voice.

"Hello," John said in a more happy voice than the Bat.

"So," I said strolling towards the monitors "you wanted to talk to me."

"Yes," Batman said facing the monitors "I wanted to get a description of the woman who kidnapped you."

"She was wearing a mask," I said frowning "I didn't see her face."

"Did she say anything that could indicate who she is," Batman said typing away at the Bat-computer.

"No," I said not wanting to mention the fact that John might be my dad.

"What did she say to you?" he asked turning to face me.

"She said she killed Mickey," I said looking at the ground "and she threatened me. That's all."

"But what did she say exactly?" Batman asked crossing his arms.

Before I could say anything John intervened "She said that was all, so back off Bats."

"Fine," Batman said turning back to the monitors.

"Hey, John?" I asked, "can I talk to you?"

"Sure, luv," He said.

We walked back up the stairs leaving Batman and Jason in the cave.

"So what did you want to talk about," John asked.

"Umm," I didn't know what to say, I'm about to turn his whole life upside down. "It's something that the woman said."

"What did she say?" John asked.

"Umm........she.........umm," I couldn't think of the right words, "she said that you're my father."

John just had a shocked expression on his face, he had no clue what to say. We stayed in silence for a few minutes until he said "So.......umm.........I could ask the bat to run a DNA test."

"Yeah," I said.

"Ok, luv."

"Yeah John," I needed some answers "my mom's name was Darlene Harris.........umm........do you remember her?"

"Yes," he answered, "yes I do, we went out a couple times, but when we went our separate ways she never said anything.........I'm so sorry Coraline."