Chapter 4

Jennifer and Khalil had been spending lots of time together. They went go carting, roller skating, the aquarium and lots of other really cool places.
They decided the not go out today and just to just hang out in Khalil's room.
Khalil
We watched the end credits of beauty and the beast as I rubbed her back.
"I love that movie!" She smiled.
"I've only seen it like one other time."
"It gets better every time I watch it."
"I love your smile." I licked my lips as she looked back at me. I grabbed her chin and kissed her.
"Do that again." Her smile, bigger than before. I kissed her again.
I sighed as I heard a knock on the door.
"Come in!" Jennifer said.
"Boy if you don't clean this damn room!" His mom said throwing a pair of pants into the dirty laundry bin.
Jennifer giggled.
"Hey Jennifer!"
"Hi Ms. Niche!" Jennifer said as she waved.
"How's the family doing baby?"
"They're good."
"That's good."
"So why are you in here mom?"
"I was gonna tell you to clean all those dishes piling up in the sink, but since Jennifer's here I won't make you clean them until later."
"Okay bye mom." I escorted her out.
"So um I want to ask you something but I don't you to pressure you or make you uncomfortable." I sat down next to her.
"What is it?"
"So I um.... wanted to ask you about maybe.. taking our relationship to the next step?" I immediately regretted asking after seeing the expression on her face.
"Um yeah. Ive been meaning to talk to you about that-" Her phone started ringing.
"Hello? I'm at Khalil's. But Aniss- Okay. Bye."
"You have to go?"
"Yeah." She frowned.
"You still down for tomorrow?" I asked.
"What kind of question is that? Of course!" On the way back to her house we sang everyone song that came on the radio at the top of our lungs.
"Thanks... babe." She smiled.
I kissed her one last time.
"I love you."
"I love you too." And with that, she walked inside and shut the door.
Jennifer
I walked inside and everyone was sitting at the kitchen table. I stopped and looked at them.
"What?"
"We need to talk." Mom said.
I sighed and plopped down in my chair.
"What do we need to talk about?"
"It's about your powers." Dad said.
"What about my powers?" I sighed.
"It's just... we don't think your ready to control them Jen." Mom said.
"You're going to start seeing a therapist." Dad said.
"Wha-" I looked at Anissa who hadn't said a thing since I walked in. She had a concerned look on her face.