Chapter thirteen

working on more chapters from other povs so don't worry. It won't just be Khalil and Jennifer!

Jen

I walk into my room and immediately throw all of my stuff onto the floor before walking into my bathroom. I wash my face, brush my my hair and put it in two braids.
I change into some of khalil's track team sweats he left a while ago and one of Anissa's black sweatshirts.
I decided i might as well get sleep studying done for tomorrow so I put my AirPods in and start playing my studying playlist.
Once again, my phone starts to ring. But this time it wasn't Khalil.
"Hello?"
"Jennifer! Are you okay?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Khalils in the hospital-"
"WHAT. Why?"
"I don't have any details yet. Just meet us at the hospital." I grab my keys and run out of the door. I had my permit so I was good... right? Whatever, that's not the point right now! I had somewhere to be.
I couldn't clam my nerves on the way there.
Was he okay? Was he going to die? Was it Tobias that did this to him?
So many thoughts ran through my mind.
I got to the hospital and ran to the front desk.
"I'm here for K-Khalil Payne."
"Are you a family member?"
"I'm his girlfriend!" I immediately say.
"I'm sorry but I'm going to have to confirm this with a family member."
Khalils sister walks up to the front desk and puts her hand on my shoulder.
"She's family."
"Right this way." The lady leads us back to the room.
I couldn't comprehend was I was seeing and hearing when I say Khalil laying in that hospital bed.
"Is he-"
"He's okay. He got shot and the bullet barely missed his spine." His mom says.
Thank god.
I stayed in the room with Khalil for what felt like hours. Everyone except for me and Anissa had left. They all agreed to give me time with him and Anissa just sat outside of the room.
"J." I hear a voice say.
"Khalil?" I pop up out of my seat and walk over to him.
"I missed you."
"Don't scare me like that ever again!"
"If it makes you feel better, I didn't do it on purpose." I caress his face before kissing him.
"Do that again." He smiles and I kiss him again.
I take a deep breath before speaking again.
"I love you."
"I love you too." He says. I grab his hand and squeeze it.
"But you're not safe with me."
"Khalil-"
"Jen. I'm a danger to you and your family. I don't want any of you to get hurt."
"What are you saying?"
"I have to leave freeland."
"Khalil. You're not leaving me or freeland." I chuckle.
"I have to. Tobias is dangerous. Worse than dangerous and I don't want any of you involved in this."
"No." I start to cry. "You're not leaving."

Wow two chapters in the same day (even though my writing skills suck) but anywaysss thank you to everyone who's been voting on my stories! See you next time.