Gone

"We need to talk."

At Dr.Kein's sombre words Gavriil cast a dry gaze his way but silently pivoted, leading the man to his office instead. The walk there was silent but that's just how Gavriil preferred it. Idle chatter never failed to put an itch in his trigger finger. The incessant pastime was monotonous at best, and a direct waste of time. Yeah. He'd gladly pass. Pushing the heavy wood of his office door open, Gavriil stepped inside and headed towards a small liquor cabinet on the left. Pulling out two glass tumblers, he languidly thumbed a decanter of scotch open and pour two fingers into each tumbler. Gavriil glanced up to see Dr.Kein lingering in the door and raised a brow before inclining his head towards the available seats in front of his cherry oak wood desk.

The doctor claimed the seat on the right and Gavriil set the drink down in front of him and took his own seat behind the desk. "You wanted to talk," Gavriil stated, bringing the glass to his lips for a casual sip. Dr.Kein took a deep breath before downing the entire content of his own glass and holding Gavriil's steady gaze. "I need to take her to the hospital." They held each other's gaze for a few silent and tense minutes. Neither of them so much as blinking. Then finally, Gavriil moved. Placing his glass down, he stapled his fingers together and perched his elbows on the desk, leaning forward ever so slightly. "No."

That one word, said so quietly and with utter calm, radiated around the room like a warning bell. A clear threat to drop whatever request you were denied and leave his office post haste. Dr.Kein wasn't fazed. "It wasn't a suggestion Gavriil, and I'm not asking for permission." Gavriil made a soft sound in the back of his throat and lightly canted his head to the right. "And how exactly do you think you're getting her there without my permission?"

Dr. Kein visibly bristled and shot Gavriil an annoyed look. "By any means necessary. Listen. I've known you for a long time Gav, and I have never once questioned you or interfered in what we both know I know goes on here. I keep my head down, mouth shut and do my job." Gavriil scoffed and leaned back in his chair. "You have never once held your head anything but high, or kept your overly opinionated thoughts to yourself." he countered, eyeing the doctor with wary amusement. Dr. Kein rolled his eyes and gave a reluctant smirk. "Fine. But I do my job right? And damn good I might add." he paused, waiting for confirmation. Gavriil inclined his head and lifted a hand, gesturing for him to proceed.

"So let me do my job now. When I came here last time, she was recovering nicely. And yet somehow, on your watch, she's a complete mess. She has bruised ribs, maybe even cracked, her stitches are a- a mess! Her ankle has significantly more damage. She needs x-rays Gav, proper medication and supervision. She needs medical care. Now, I don't care if grown men want to run around shooting each other or making shady deals in dark corners, but I'm not okay with this!"

The sound of Gavriil picking up his glass and taking a long draw was the only sound that echoed around the suddenly quiet office. He unhurriedly placed the glass back down before looking up and pinning the doctor with a cold hard stare. "Your line of credit will only go so far...So I suggest you watch your tone doctor...As for the girl, she is merely here to serve a purpose. The state in which she does that is of no concern to me." Dr. Kein's eyes widened before darkening in anger. "Gavriil, please tell me you're not holding her against her will just so you or your men can...use her-" Gavriil lifted a hand, swiftly cutting off the doctor's rash words with the sudden gesture. "Don't insult me Nicolas!" he growled. "When I want to FUCK, I certainly don't have to coerce my partners and it certainly wouldn't be with an immature child!"