Dark Side of the Sun

"Isogu! (Hurry up!)" A firm hand pressed into my back, shoving me forward impatiently and causing me to stumble. My heart was beating a mile a minute and I tried to quiet my breathing. Hoping to hear something, anything, that could indicate where we were and what was about to happen. We were pulled out of the van about ten minutes ago, but the soft light that had been hazing through the blindfold right before the van went down what felt like a slope, was now gone. Just pitch black shun through the barely transparent material. I didn't know if that meant night had fallen, or that we were possibly underground somewhere. Either way, the unknown ate at me like a vicious insect. Tearing off little bits and pieces of me and leaving raw panic. The sound of walking and rustling up ahead slightly echoed around us and then more voices joined in with the henchmen. Female voices! I had no idea why that stirred something resembling hope inside me, but it did.

"Yosh, yamenasai. Minna. I said stop!" (Okay, stop here. All of you.) I jerked to an immediate stop at the harsh command and gave a soft grunt when one of the other girls bumped into me. "S-Sorry..."she muttered out nervously, shifting away. "It's okay, are you alright?" I asked, ignoring the light throbbing in my own shoulder from the collision. "...y-yes.." I exhaled in relief at her response and did my best not to fidget in unease. I heard movement and then someone grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. I swallowed hard, stiffening up a bit, but then frowned when I felt my hands being untied along with my blindfold. I slammed my eyelids closed as the strip of cloth fluttered down from them. Afraid I'd experience the same searing pain I did the last time a blindfold was taken off me.

Slowly, I blinked them open and then gasped lightly, a few echoes of my gasp sounded around me and I realized it came from a few of the girls who were seeing the same thing I was. We were in...a living room? I didn't understand. And I didn't have to ask if that confusion didn't show on my face. Why would we be brought from a warehouse to what looked like...I looked around more boldly. Taking in the clean style combination of modern and traditional Japanese decor. After wondering around Gavriil's mansion I knew luxury when I saw it. This had to be a mansion or at least a house that was almost as large as one. So why take us here if they planned to kill us? I caught movement out of the corner of my eyes and my mouth parted in stunned appreciation. The suited bastard was talking quietly to an older Japanese woman that was tall and simply gorgeous.

Everything about her screamed elegance. From her stance, her impeccably styled hair, to her mannerisms as she conversed, and her unhurried way of speaking. As if time itself would wait on her. Even her clothes, all of it made it clear she was someone of importance. She looked towards me and I stiffened, feeling my cheeks burn at having been caught staring. A closed lipped smile stretched her lips and a light sound of amusement left her and floated through the air. I quickly turned away, looking down instead.

"So. These are the girls Saito-kun?"

Saito...so that's the bastard's name. I thought in annoyance, realizing all this time I'd had no information on whom the man ruining my life was. If I wanted to get out of here, I would have to pay more attention whenever the chance was given.

"Hai, Fuyumi-san" Saito answered, stepping to the side and allowing the woman, Fuyumi, to walk forward. Approaching the group of girls. The air was dense with tension as she walked down the line, looking the girls over in silence. I watched her as discreetly as I could. Noticing the way she carried herself and the way the men, including Saito who was currently walking behind her quietly leaning down to converse with her, seemed to do so with respect. I may be wrong but...the odd thought that maybe she was in charge fluttered across my mind. But I quickly filed the thought away for now as she got closer and closer to me. As she did, I found myself breathing less and less until I was fully holding my breath and she was standing directly in front of me. I felt that I should have kept my head down much like the other girls had, but for some reason I did the opposite.