Earthquake two! Paul

Year 1996
Country: USA, Florida.

It's been two years since you and Paul survived that earthquake in California. And ever since then you were leery on going on vacation again. But with some talking into and you mean a lot of talking into, Paul your husband now, convinced you into coming on another vacation. This time to Florida. So that's were you are now sitting down on the beach. As you watched Paul playing in the waves. You were about to take a nape when you felt water fall on you. Deciding to open your eyes to see if it's raining. But it wasn't raining it was just Paul being dripping wet.
"Paul! Your getting me all wet." You shrieked.
"Oh I'll do that tonight honey, come in the water honey. Water feels really good." Paul says to you.
"But I am nice and comfy here Paul. And please we are at a public place. Shh about that Paul." You say as you closed your eyes.
"Oh all aright. Guess I'll just go back." Paul says.
"Yes, that's right go back." You say. But before you even know about it paul picked you up and carried you too the water to then throw you into the water.
"Paul!!!!" You screamed.
"What? You told me to head back. So I did just took you with me." Paul says with a innocent smile.
"Oh that's it! I'll get you for this Paul!" You say as you splashed him. For about an hour you two were playing, dunking and splashing eachother. But soon you started to notice the sky turning almost black. And the winds were starting to pick up. Knowing what happened before when you ignored the weather.
"Paul let's go please the weather is starting to look nasty." You say as you pointed to the sky.
"Y/N it's probably nothing." Paul says coming closer to you.
"Paul! Remember what happened in California! Let's go NOW!" You demanded.
"Right! Your right." Paul says while thinking back to that day where he almost lost you. So you grabbed Paul's hand and left the beach. As you got about half way to the car you could see a really big wave coming after you guys. Knowing you couldn't runaway from a wave fast enough you stoped Paul.
"Paul I love you." You say.
"Bloody Hell! Y/N I love you too." Paul says as he realizes it too and pulls you in for a big tight hug. You both closed your eyes as you wait for the moment to happen when finally it it. The wave it You with so much force it almost knocked your breath out. You open your eyes to find you were underwater with Paul no were in site. You tried to kick up the surface but the wave kept dragging you down. If you don't go up there you will run out of air. So this time you kick harder, and harder till you made it. When you did you were speechless. The wave took out most of the building. Debris was scattered everywhere. You saw a building with a ladder on the side. You grabbed it, and tried to pull your self up. But the wave kept hitting your back. But finally you did it and was up there laying on your back. Catching your breath.
"Y/N?" You heard someone say. You looked over at the person to realize it was Paul. You got up and ran to Paul so fast and kissed him like your life depended no it. And soon he kissed you back. You guys just stood there kissing eachother for a while. After a while you guys stopped to catch your breath.
"I thought I lost Yea," Paul says with fear and he hugged you again.
"Paul promise me that when this is all over we never go on vacation again." You say as you looked into Paul's eyes.
"Oh definitely, darling. Vacation sucks for us." Paul says as you laughed at him and hugged him. While you were hugging Paul you were thinking that you were glad you and Paul were alive.
____________________________
End of story! Let me know what you think.👍🏻😊