Seis

|Carmen's POV|

Ben's coronation is approaching in about a month and things are going great. As of right now though I'm outside near the enchanted lake with Mal and the others.

Carmen: I haven't been swimming in forever, might go a little later

Evie: That sounds fun, mind if I join you

Carmen: Of course you can, you don't have to ask.

Jay: Hey Carmen, you've been wearing that bracelet a lot lately.

Carmen: I'm on punishment, it basically doesn't let me use magic

Jay: What'd you do?

Carlos: She turned all Ms. Wells' pencils into frogs

Mal: I wish I could've seen her face

Carmen: It was priceless

Jay: Watch-

Before he could finish I stepped on something making me slide down the hill and into the enchanted lake. Suddenly I felt like something had worn off of me, once I emerged everybody was laughing with smiles on their faces. I glanced at Carlos and immediately I knew exactly what was going on, I didn't like him to a point to where he had me hypnotized with his love.

Evie: Carmen are you ok?

I pushed Carlos' hands away from me as I climbed out of the lake glaring at every last one of them. They all looked at me confused

Carmen: You gave me a love potion

His facial expression changed immediately as he tried approaching me making me back up as I looked at all of them.

Carmen: And you made it which means you knew. You used me!

Carlos: Just let us explain, let me explain Carmen

Carmen: You're lucky I don't know what you're aiming for here but believe me when I say things won't be as easy for you for the remainder of your stay.

Mal: Please Carmen

Carmen: Screw that! You were my friends, you were my boyfriend but you've just screwed yourselves. When I told you I hated being lied to, tricked, and manipulated I meant it. Stay away from me, I will get my revenge. Audrey was right we never should've let you in our school.

I stormed off, my heart heavy knowing that I actually fell for him. Love potion or not, he was somebody I cared about deeply, maybe even loved. I shook away the feelings as I went to Ben's room telling him everything then he proceeded to tell me Mal put one on him too.

Carmen: BUT YOU'RE STILL WITH HER!

Ben: I know that, because I actually love her Carmen

Carmen: I can't believe you. I can't believe I'm saying this but Audrey was right, so I won't kill your girlfriend but I'm going to cause her the hurt she caused me. All of them are going to pay

Ben: Carmen please just think about this

Carmen: You know you aren't going to change my mind about this so why are you still trying

He said nothing and I exited his room heading to my own room. All I wanted to do at the moment was get into dry clothes and go to sleep. The next day I purposely overslept missing my first period, before I went to sleep, I made sure nobody would talk to them and if they did then consequences would come. I probably should've changed clothes a little faster last night because I felt sick today but oh well.

|Carlos' POV|

I shut the locker looking to my left to see people whispering about me and then walking away. I sighed and started walking to class. Soon joined by Mal, Evie, and Jay who looked as sad as me.

Evie: I feel bad

Mal: Maybe we should've just told her

Jay: All this for our parents

Mal: But we have to do it.....we can't let them down.

Carlos: At least Ben stayed with you

Evie: Hey Jane

She hurriedly ran off and I whistled hearing Dude's paws from behind. I bent down and picked him up.

Carlos: At least I still have you guys

Soon Carmen appeared in front of us making all of us stop in our tracks. She wasn't looking to good, and it made my heart hurt.

Evie: Carmen can you let us explain please?

Carmen: How about no? I came for 1 reason

She removed Dude from my hands and at first I just froze because I thought I'd never feel her gentle touch again. Then I realized what was happening making me gently grab her elbow as she snatched herself away from me

Carmen: Don't ever touch me again

Carlos: I'm sorry, look just please don't take him from me

Carmen: No I'm sorry for trusting you, all of you.

Mal: Look what you're doing Carmen, nobody will talk to us

Carmen: They're scared of you again and they have every reason to be.

Evie: Carmen we were best friends

Carmen: That's what I thought too but best friends don't lie to each other

Jay: There is a reasonable explanation behind all of this

Mal: If you would just listen to us

With a swift movement of her hand all of us were sent flying towards the back wall. By the time we got off the ground she was long gone.

Jay: I can't wait to get the coronation over with so I can get out of here. He walked away making Eviewalk away and then me, we just left Mal there by herself.