thirty

seulgi woke up extremely confused, and with a slight headache.

" oh for fuck's sake, this is the second time i've woken up and nothing had made sense to me. can someone explain? " she muttered while holding her head.

" oh seul, you're awake. jimin brought you home, he carried you on his back once he found out you had a fever from namjoon and hoseok. " irene explained.

" ugh. where are they? they have some explaining to do. "

just as she said that, the two males walked through the doorway of her bedroom.

" we're here! he decided on carrying you home all of a sudden, so we couldn't stop him. we heard his thoughts loud and clear though. " hoseok chirped.

" to start things off, he thought we were doing bad things to you when he saw us sitting next to you in the room, and he wanted to fight us. i almost laughed out loud when i heard that, like have you seen his size? " namjoon laughed.

seulgi and irene couldn't help but giggle at that too.

" but he was really worried for you, he kept thinking about what would make you feel better and whether you would be uncomfortable on his back, things like that. he's probably going to bring you soup tomorrow when you return to school, just that he doesn't know how to cook it so he'll either search it up, cook a canned one or ask his mum for help. " namjoon continued. " seems pretty normal for someone who's liked you for about a year now. "

" yeah, thank you. anything else interesting happened? "

" oh, he happened to see wendy in the kitchen while he was here and he seemed really confused. " irene mentioned.

" apparently he knows yoongi, or wendy's target, but he didn't know that wendy was related to seulgi. " hoseok added on.

" hah, i bet yoongi himself doesn't know that wendy has 4 sisters and 2 cousins that he's probably seen around in school either. " namjoon said.

" true. we all know how mysterious wendy is with her targets, which is so funny because they still trust her so much. until they get stabbed. " irene responded, and they all laughed.

speaking of wendy, she was getting ready to head out to school.

definitely not to attend lessons, just to meet yoongi. finally having a target around her age, she enjoyed chasing after him.

perhaps it was because it was the closest she would ever get to having a seemingly normal life, apart from attending classes. she still had to stay low to avoid as much attention as she could from the students and teachers since she wasn't an official student there after all.

what else could a spirit do?

once she was done getting ready, she called yeri.
" yerim ah, i'm done. you can teleport over now. "

" okay unnie. "

in less than two seconds, yeri appeared in the doorway of their house, and then the two of them disappeared off to school. a place yeri dreaded, but wendy always looked forward to.

" oh, you teleported us to the pavilion? how considerate. "

" shut up, it's only because jungkook's class is right upstairs. it's much more convenient, plus it's still pretty quiet right now anyway. "

" thanks yerim, go have fun with jungkook! "

and with that, she waited for yoongi to arrive.

-

a/n

HELLOOOOO i'm back!! i hope this 550 word chapter was good enough after my almost 2 weeks hiatus from writing :D

i've been having loads of ideas for how i'll write the ending of with kindness and i am EXCITED!! i have another story coming up soon too hehe although it still needs to be developed (a lot) but nonetheless i'm excited! once again it's something i've always wanted to try but i've never gotten the chance to. 😇

the next update will come a lot sooner, in fact i'm already working on it!!!

lots of love,
jane ❤️