Chapter 6

Niall POV

I felt someone lightly shake me, causing me to wake up. I softly groan and pull away from the person. I turn my eyes to see Jasmine laugh a little

"What happen?" I questioned, rubbing my eyes.

"You were crying, then you just fell asleep as I rubbed her back. You've been sleeping for a while."

"Crap, how long we've been in the playground?"

"Few hours, it's almost midnight."

"I need to get home! My mom is going to flip out that I'm out this late."

"Alright, I will walk you home."

"I should be the one to walk you home Jasmine, I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Niall, I will be fine, we need to leave now so hopefully you won't be in anymore trouble." Jasmine says taking my hand. I nodded.

We walked hand in hand towards my house, it feels weird holding someone else's hand, I've only hold Zayn's hand and they were warm and it felt right to hold his. It's nice of Jasmine to hold my hand, I'm nervous on what my mom going to do. Maybe more yelling at me about Zayn is changing me and what not.

Fifteen minutes later, we finally reached my house. My front door opens quickly and my mom comes out.

"Niall James Horan, where have you been!? I wouldn't think a middle school dance would be so late! Where is Zayn hiding? cuz I know he probably force you into staying extremely late with him!"

"I went to the school dance, I fleft early to go visit my old pre-school building, I also made a new friend, her name is Jasmine."

"I'm so sorry Jasmine for my lunatic outburst. I'm glad your friends with my son and your welcome here anytime."

"Thank you, I must be going now, it's pretty late. Niall, can I come over tomorrow to hang out with you? I know it's sudden. But you're like my only friend I meant so far."

"Of course, you can come by around the afternoon." I smile at her and hugged her. She way goodbye and I waved back and head inside my home with my mother closely following behind me.

"I'm so happy you made another friend, besides Zayn. She welcome anytime, I'm not even mad you came late from the school dance."

"If I was hanging out with Zayn, would I be in trouble?"

"Yes you would've. I told you he's not the type of person you hang out with. Jasmine looks and seems way better than Zayn in every way."

I roll my eyes. "Goodnight mom, I'm done with you hating on Zayn." I stomp upstairs not caring what she said back. I can't believe I'm actually still defending Zayn, we're not even friends no more. I won't be like my mom, even if Zayn hates me, I can't just hate him back.

I go to the bathroom and quickly brush my teeth and head into my room to see a dark figure standing in my room. I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Relax Niall, it's me Zayn."

"Why are you here? To call me a freak some more? Or are you going to start hitting me now!?"

"No, I came to apologize to you, that I'm sorry and I should've have said those things to you."

"You expect me to forgive you so easily? Zayn, you really hurt me saying those hurtful words to me. Did you hear me crying my eyes out when you left me for the popular people!?"

"I did, but I'm truly sorry for making you cry and hurting you're feelings." Zayn pleads.

"I don't know Zayn, you say you want to be forgiven, but once Monday comes you're going to be acting rude towards me, to you're new friends. I don't wanna suffer because you're new friends don't like me, why don't they like me? What have I ever done to be treaty so badly? I just want to be loved!" I yell at Zayn. I feel tears streaming down my face, I don't like yelling at Zayn, but he hurt me really badly today and he just say a few words to sugar coat things.

"I do love you Niall, like a brother, but you need to promise me, that you will accept my apology. I'm begging you, I felt like crap when I said all those things to you. It was out of anger." Zayn says walking towards me and puts him arms around me.

"Fine, but you better not hurt me again Zayn. I don't like my feelings shattered, like a mirror." I murmured in his ear, placing my chin on shoulder.

"Ok, I promise, but you have to stop being that new girl friend."

"Why not?"

"It's our thing to be friends and she just going to get in the way."

"Are you still going to talk to the popular people?"

"Yes."

"I'm staying friends with Jasmine, regardless whether or not you stop taking to the dumb popular People. How you except me to dump my new friend for you and your go crawl back to them. You like seeing me alone? While you get to have cool new friend, while I sit by myself feeling lonely and depress? You like seeing in me in pain!"

"Niall, it's just, I don't want you to get better friends and leave me." Zayn reasoned.

"You're not making sense, I can't have friends cuz you think I will leave you, but you get to have new friends!? It's not right that you can have more friends than me. Just because Jasmine is my new friend, doesn't mean she a better friend than you. They can't take what's ours. Remember that? You will always be my best friend, no one can take what we had.You're the only person who can destroy our friendship."

"Yes I know Niall and I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. You can have other friends ok, I'm dumb to think I can have you all to myself. I'm sorry, I'm so freaking sorry Niall." Zayn say hugging me tightly. I hugged him tightly back.

"Can I sleepover? If you don't want me too. I understand."

"I'm sorry, but I need some time alone."

"Ok." Zayn says pressing his lips against mine, then pull away and is about to leave out the window."

"Why did you kiss me?"

Zayn turns around, his expression confused. "I don't know. I'm just trying everything in my power to keep you as my best friend. I don't want to worry, but I took a little nap today and had that nightmare again. I don't wanna use that as a excuse, but I can stay?"

I sigh, as I rub my forehead. "Yeah, you can stay sleepover tonight."

"Thank you."

I just nodded and got into bed facing the wall. I felt the bed dip and arm around my waist. A soft kiss planted on my neck.

"Goodnight, blue."

"Goodnight, Zaynie." I said, smiling to myself.