Two

"Beauty attracts the eye but personality captures the heart"———————————————————Ivory

———————————————————
Ivory

I grabbed a cart and pulled out my grocery list. I need shrimp, yellow rice, garlic butter, and lemons, I mumbled to myself.

Not paying attention, I bumped into the most adorable little girl or more like she ran into me.

Kairi Chanel, a deep voice yelled not to far away. Dada she yelled clapping.

"What I tell you 'bout running off like that" he scolded her.

I watched as he picked up his daughter I assume causing her to latch onto his hip.

"Good looking out ma" he said directing his attention to me.

"No problem" I said giving him a tight lipped smile.

No doubt this man was fine and I mean fine in all the right places but he look a lil too old for me.

I might like my man to be a few years older than me but he appeared to be in his late twenties, early thirties maybe.

Is it getting hot in here or it's just me.. maybe it's just me

I shook my head to ease my thoughts and slowly turned around. It was definitely getting awkward.

After leaving the grocery store I went home to get started on cooking since the few people I consider family were coming over.

I don't associate myself with my mother's side of the family and neither does she. They didn't like the fact she was dating my father, someone in the drug business let alone having kids with him.

I understand parents want the best for their children but going as far as disclaiming her was way too much.

As for my father's side of the family that's another story for another day. In my eyes they were fake to begin with.