Six

"A person's actions alone will tell you everything you need to know"—————————————————————Ivory

—————————————————————
Ivory

I rolled over in bed squinting my eyes due to the sun peaking through the blinds. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand, looking at the time it was 12 in the afternoon. I can't believe I slept in this late but that was expected since not only did we go to Times Square last night but, we went to a bar. How Milo and I got in will forever be a mystery. I'm glad I don't have a hangover but I knew Dave would be here soon so I got out of bed and did my morning routine.

"You got a real nice place ma" Dave said once he walked in my apartment. As promised, Dave was here and to top it off, he brought lunch.

"Thanks" I said walking in the kitchen to get plates for our food.

He brought spaghetti, one of my favorite foods and surprisingly he cooked it. I admit I underestimated him but I learned my lesson. "I'm a man of many talents" is what he told me.

This was Dave's first time coming to my house. We had a routine which consisted of going to his house whenever we wanted to see each other which was almost every other day. Being in a private setting was better anyway.

The streets talk and the last thing I need is for somebody to go running their mouth to Nipsey. It wasn't like I was keeping him a secret but I preferred Nipsey to not know I was chilling with his homeboy that's almost 8 years older than me.

"I'm starting to think you using a nigga" he said.

"Hmm, free food? I just might be" I laughed as I made my way to hug him.

"That's fucked up" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

Over these past couple months our friendship grew but I wasn't stressing anything between us. I needed to continue working on myself; first things first.

I stood there waiting for him to let me go but he never did. I looked up at his tall frame to see him already looking at me.

"You mad beautiful mami" he shook his head. "And I mean that in more than one way, I don't know what it is but I can't even recall the last time I been this comfortable with somebody"

"Yeah me either" I mumbled. Dave comes across as one of the most unfriendly people but in all actuality, it's easy to talk to him.

We sat at the table eating, making small conversation here and there until his phone rang.

He smacked his teeth ignoring the call. "These niggas can't do shit without me"

"It's cool if you gotta leave. Money calls" I said. Although I was enjoying his company, I wasn't stopping him because I didn't wanna come off as clingy.