Eight

"Two damaged people trying to heal each other is love"—————————————————————Ivory

—————————————————————
Ivory

I tossed my blanket and sheets to the side, trying to resist the urge to go back to sleep. Eventually I built up enough willpower to get out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I dread waking up in the morning but "the early bird gets the worm" as my dad would say. That was enough motivation for me to start waking up when my first alarm goes off. The only difference was that today is Saturday which means I had nothing to do but, sleeping in all day wasn't an option so I figured I'll have some me-time.

I turned the shower on and while the water got hot enough for my liking I grabbed my phone, sending a quick message to the very few important people in my life.

"Alexa play Ro James" I said before stepping into the shower. Once I was in my body immediately relaxed due to the temperature of the water.

When your lips touched mine
It only confirmed what I already knew
I found true love in you
See one time I tried to love
I had my heart broken
I swore that I'd never love again see
But you changed my mind

After belting out a few bad tunes and having a mini concert in the shower, I was now getting out. I walked downstairs to the kitchen with little to no clothes on which was acceptable since I was alone; having your own apartment has its perks.

I didn't want to cook a big meal because most likely I wouldn't eat it all so I settled on waffles, bacon, and my own combination of fruits.

I sat on the couch eating breakfast and catching up on a few shows that I missed. I really appreciate times like this when I could just relax by myself. Not saying I don't enjoy being with family, my good sis Corey, and Milo but I feel like me-time is a vital asset in self-happiness. It doesn't mean you have to be selfish but taking time to reflect on yourself is important.

Later on in the day I decided to take a trip to the nail salon; my eyebrows needed to be waxed and the polish on my nails was chipping. It was no secret that I had been looking off all week.

The drive there wasn't far so about 20 minutes later I was making my way inside the salon.

"Simone went in the back, I'll get her for you" one of the workers said automatically knowing who I was here for.

"I thought you found a new nail tech, you usually come here every month" Simone appeared in front of me.

"I know but last month was extremely busy, I finally found some time to relax"

"Staying stress free is definitely the goal 2019" she said while heating up the wax.

I leaned back in the chair and closed my eyes, allowing her to work her magic.