Four

"There's a brand new you waiting on the other side of this madness"—————————————————————Ivory

—————————————————————
Ivory

Today I had the studio to myself for a while since my first class doesn't start until 3:00. I decided to rearrange a few things to pass time.

I glanced at the clock seeing that Corey should be here soon.

I walked over to where the big speakers sat and scrolled through my phone until I found the song I was looking for.

Seconds later In My Mind by Heather Headley played through the speakers.

They say if you love something, you've got to let it go.
And if it comes back, then it means so much more.
Fine if it never does, at least you will know,
That it was something you had to go through to grow.

In the midst of vibing to the music and sweeping I heard the door open. Thinking it was Corey, I didn't bother looking up.

"Hey Corey" I practically yelled over the music.

"This ain't Corey mami" an all too familiar voice said. "what you know 'bout that old school" he asked.

I looked up to see Dave standing there holding his baby girl and looking fine as ever. He didn't have on nothing flashy but that all black had your girl feeling some type of way.

"She's so cute what's her name" I asked after pausing the music.

"Kairi say hey to Ivory" Dave said. "Clearly she likes you" he said seeing her reach for me.

I smiled and picked her up before walking away leaving him to follow me.

"To answer your question, I know a lot about old school. This the type of music I grew up on" I said giving him a mini tour of the place.

"Good to know you got a nice taste in music and not that shit they be playing now days" he said looking around.

"Who designed this if you don't mind me asking"

"My brother, here's his card" I said pulling one out my pocket. Ivan made me carry these around but I had no problem doing so. I definitely was a proud, supportive sister.

He laughed seeing that I had the business card handy and nodded putting it in his wallet.

"If you want, you can fill these papers out right now so we can get her in my preschool class"

"How does this work? Like what's the price and how many days will it be" he asked.

"The summer classes are only for 2 months, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 3-4:00 but they started last week and since she's only four it'll be $70" I said giving him a run down of everything.

"Alright cool" he said handing me the paper along with the money.

"It's just now 2:00, you wanna grab some food" he smiled showing off his bottom grill.