1 - (Your POV)

For just about as long as you'd lived, you'd been insanely close with the two. Jungkook and Jimin were just about family, if they weren't already. You'd all grown up as extremely close friends, with Jimin and Jungkook butting heads constantly. You were honestly surprised that Jimin hadn't moved on in his life with other friends, as the age gap between all of you was astronomical. Jimin was 22, Jungkook 19, and you, 18. The four year age gap between you and Jimin had always startled people new to your friend group.

Jimin had been gone for a while now, off helping some scientist guy come up with some important cure for something that Jimin would never disclose anytime he was at the house. But you and Jungkook were at the prime of your lives, seniors in high school, ready to start off and live your own lives away from parents and your hometown.

But, there was always a sense of dread that filled the halls towards the end of senior year. Senior year was the year that you claimed your spot in society as an Alpha, Beta, or Omega. Alphas of course were the rulers of everything, the strongest, tallest, bravest, and quite possibly the dumbest. Betas were usually decently strong, but not anywhere near to Alphas' strength. The one thing Beta's had going for them was their smarts. They were known for being pure geniuses. And Omegas. No one ever wanted to be an Omega. They were discriminated, used, r*aped, just seen as wives and husbands.

You didn't feel this dread though, you were confident everything would be okay, that you would at least be a Beta. Everyone already knew Jungkook was an Alpha, that was already present within his stature. He was tall, strong built, and had wide shoulders. Jimin had clearly been a Beta, with a smaller stature and a genius brain that could figure just about everything and anything out.

You, on the other hand, no one could figure out. You had the face of an Omega, the brains of a Beta, and the posture and shoulders of an Alpha. You'd always used all of those factors as an excuse to claim you'd never be an Omega.

The last period of the day came and the envelopes that held practically your life were place on everyone's desks. No one touched them and just stared at them for a long time. You looked at Jungkook across the room, and he had a giddy look on his face. The professor finally announced that everyone was able to open their enveloped, and when you did, a grin spread across your face.

 "Hey, Jungkookie, look!" you exclaimed, holding up the paper. Jungkook grinned and held out his with a laugh.

"Hey, Y/n, look!" he mocked. You punched him in the shoulder and giggled, standing up.

"Oh, shut up." you muttered, a gentle pink crossing your cheeks. Jungkook was grinning brightly at his comeback and waited for you to pack up all of your things before exiting the class together.

"Say, I'm awfully hungry. Should we go get food?" you asked, already knowing the answer. Jungkook looked at you with a playful smirk that dusted your cheeks in a delicate pink once more.

"You know that answer." he stated, standing a little taller to bother you a bit. You always hated the height difference between you two. You punched his arm again with a laugh.

"I'll pay if we hang out at your place." you said, which only made Jungkook more excited to get food.

"Ooh, deal!" he said, bouncing with each step like a little kid on the way to get some ice cream.

The walk to Jungkook's favorite restaurant was pleasant, the two of you exchanging idle talk about upcoming finals and people you never really liked. You bought food and insisted on carrying it, despite Jungkook telling you he would. The two of you continued to walk along the street, passing the apartment you were half forced to share with Jimin.

You got to the main door of Jungkook's apartment building and allowed him to open the door, slipping under his arm. You smiled at him before tossing open his apartment door and entering. It always smelled fresh in the apartment, which was something you'd grown to adore.

"Sorry, it's a little messy. I haven't cleaned in a while." Jungkook said, watching you place the food on the coffee table. You sat down between the coffee table and the couch, looking over at Jungkook, who was still standing in the doorway.

"Don't worry about it, Jimin is the only one who ever cleans the apartment, plus I like the mess, to be honest." you said with a warm smile. Jungkook finally came over and sat on the couch, patting your head as he did. You scrunch your nose at him before beginning to eat, eyes glued to the movie on the TV screen. After a while, your eyelids finally grew heavy and you let them close, figuring a little bit of sleep wouldn't hurt. 

(Jungkook POV)

I didn't notice that Y/n had fallen asleep until their head hit my thigh. I looked down at their face, confused at first before looking closely at their features. Their lips jutted out softly in perfect symmetry, their nose tilted upwards just the slightest bit, and their lashes made them look like a doe. Their jawline was so smooth and curved, not sharp as an Alpha's should be.

I just couldn't take my eyes off them, and then a scent started to waft from them. A warm, comforting scent that reminded me of vanilla and creme. I looked away, feeling like a creep, but the scent just got stronger. I looked back down at them and watched as their lips parts slightly and they moved a bit, completely exposing the back of their neck.

I remembered what they used to always do to me to calm me down after something big would happen with my father. They used to gently nip the back of my neck and that alone would calm everything in me.

Another memory dashed into my head that kept my eyes glued to them. I remembered Namjoon talking once about how you could mark someone and make them yours if you bit into the scent gland on the back of their neck. An urge rushed over me.

I gulped as I looked at them and started leaning closer, despite trying to hold back. In my head was the constant cycle of words, I need to mark them, I need to make them mine, mine. I let my lips part as my head crept closer to their neck and felt my teeth hurt for a minute and right as my teeth were about to graze their skin, the door opened. And then there stood the man I'd been fighting with for Y/n's attention for years. Park Jimin. 

(A/N: Howdy, darlings :) Thanks for reading the first rewrite. I can't promise I'll stay on top of this at all but you never know. I won't promise anything, but I thought since I've not gotten a lot of notice with this story, might as well rewrite. I'll get to editing later, love you all bbs - Kat <3)

(P.s: I don't have the patience to deal with ages and high school things, I know that no one is 19 in high school but I am way too lazy to deal with it.)