(10) Liam

Niall and I entered the pool area after getting some drinks from the nearby bar, putting our drinks on two chairs before dipping into the hot tub. It was a bit chilly inside of the hotel, so once I got into it, the warm sensation felt like pure heaven.

It's safe to say that Niall was feeling the same way that I was, smiling a bit as he rested his feet near my side as I rested mine near his afterwards. We sat there for a little while before Niall spoke up, getting my attention fast as sweat began pooling down his chest.

“Can I please have a hint on what we're doing next, Liam? It's agonizing to not know.” I chuckled lightly and smirked just enough to make Niall smile. I always loved to see this Irishman smile, but I wished for something bigger, better from him after many years.

“In due time, you'll see what we'll be doing next, Ni. You just have to be patient for a little longer. Unless you need something to take you off the edge from knowing,” I asked as I then sipped at my alcoholic beverage. Niall shook his head as he blushed faintly, playing with the warm water that he sat in.

“I'd rather not my spill my secrets to you when I'm so hammered. Being sober and doing that sounds like the better option.” I raised my brow, still wearing the smirk on my face as I inched a bit closer to Niall.

“So you're keeping secrets from me now, eh? To be fair, I am as well, so no hard feelings.” Niall's blush darkened as he nodded, looking up at me to notice quite easily that I had moved closer, even if he could hear the movement and see it because of the water.

Neither of us spoke up for the next few minutes though, trying to figure out what to say without sputtering out something wrong. I tried to speak first when figuring out what to say, but Niall beat me to it after gathering his thoughts rather quickly.

“Will we ever go to California? I'm just wondering because I don't want to go there.” I frowned, running one of my hands through my hair in order to try and fix it with the best of my abilities.

“I wasn't planning to go that far, Ni, but why not?” The Irishman before me looked back down at his hands, obviously trying not to think about what had happened whenever it did when he wasn't with me. He didn't seem to like it one bit and I wondered why.

“That's one of the few secrets I'll tell you when I'm finally certain on what I want.” I nodded, deciding that it'd be best to give Niall some space, even though I had then pulled him into a side hug, letting him cuddle into my side as he had wrapped his arms around me.

Moments like these are what I lived for, but I wish I knew what was going on inside of his troubled head.